Add Memory | Add To Friends
Beagle147 (profile) wrote,
on 10-12-2005 at 10:35am
Current mood: drained
Ok, so I'm starting to see the downsides of living in a dorm. Someone is in the shower, so I can't take one for like another hour and a half (if I take one after them I'll miss the Price is Right, so now I have to wait until 12), and my roommate is sleeping, so I can't make it light in the room. It's not light enough to read, and if she doesn't wake up in the next 20 minutes, I'm going to have to watch the Price is Right in the common area. That's not so bad, except now Bacchus won't be able to see it. I would bring him with me, but people will think I'm "crazy." Oh well...there are worse things, I suppose.

Like tests.

These tests are driving me crazy!!! I had two tests last Thursday, a test yesterday, and one about an hour ago. I have studied more in one week than I have ever before in my life. Even more than for IB exams. (Hmm..maybe I would have gotten higher scores if I had studied more.....oh well, can't ask for much better than 5's 6's and 7's). I went home last last weekend (will update below), then studied all day monday, all day tuesday, and all day wednesday for my Current Issues in Higher Education and Stats exams Thursday. Friday I stayed in my PJ's until 5 in the afternoon. :) Hey! I deserved a day off! Then Friday night I went to Gator Growl. Do you know why white people love Wayne Brady?? Yeah, neither do I. He sucked. Greg Giraldo, on the other hand, was hilarious. And Joe Goldberg is an elf. Not the good kind like Legolas, the creepy kind that live in trees like the keebler elves. Let's see... so yeah, Saturday I went to the game (freaking 12:30 kickoff) and Allison and I sat with Will and a few of his friends. It was exceedingly hot though and I got sunburned pretty badly. But we won, and that's all that matters. I hoofed it over to Lakeside after the game and went out to dinner at Chop Stix with Leah and Tom. We waited like 2 1/2 hours to actually get food, but it was really good. I ended up being stranded at Lakeside because SNAP doesn't run on gamedays, so I slept there and came home around 10 AM. I went to bed for a bit, then got up and studied the rest of the day. I studied all day Monday for Wildlife Issues test yesterday morning. Then yesterday I studied all day for the TV and American Society exam I had today. I also spent about an hour and a half this morning before the exam studying. All in all, I've spent 50-60+ hours studying in a week. I am so incredibly drained right now. And it's Wednesday.

I have 15 minutes before the Price is Right, I'll do a weekend update. This is last last weekend (Oct 1ish). Went to class Friday morning then headed out of G-Ville at about 1:30, which was a little later than we had wanted to leave. It was all good though, not too much traffic. Sometimes that drive seems like it takes forever. 4 1/2 hours doesn't seem that long, but it's a looong drive. So we got home and I was there for about an hour before I turned around and went to the football game. But it was sooo good to see Sasha! I missed her so much! The game was ok, ATL kicked Santaluces's ass. But I forgot that there's security (Sicard) at the hilltopper section, and we couldn't get over to see the band. Halftime came, and while the Eaglettes were performing (ironically to the song "Car Wash") the heavens opened up and it started pouring. We got absolutely soaked. I didn't care, except for the fact that my Gator Growl ticket was in my purse and subsequently got ruined. But it all worked out, I got into the show. We sat under the bleachers for about 10 minutes before deciding to head into the cafeteria. I found THomas in there and he snuck me into the band room. I got to see just about everyone, which was nice. Someone up here really reminds me of Dimitar-tar, but I can't put my finger on it.. I helped Liz and Cyndi (and others) in the uniform room as they attempted to hang out the plumes so they would dry. Crocco was a bitch about it (what else is new..) and I helped dry the pit instruments. The band is doing pretty well though. They have the whole show on the field, and seem to have their act together.
Saturday I went with my mom to the Broward Center to see Phantom of the Opera. It was amazing. I so want to see it on Broadway. My mom ended up buying the extended CD version of Michael Crawford Phantom. XD I ripped it onto my laptop when we got home. Saturday night was kinda low key and I went to Kim's to help her a bit with her UF application. Sunday morning we went to church, and I got to see Kim at Sunday school, and a few others over there. Shortly after church I met Adam, Liz, and THomas at roadhouse for lunch. We had a good time throwing peanuts at each other and talking. Good to see them outside the band room chaos. Immediately after lunch I drove across the street to meet my family at the movies to see 40 Year Old Virgin. It was funny, but a bit overrated in my opinion. Sunday night I did laundry (for free!!) and got all the stuff I'd forgotten when I left and wanted to grab. We had a whole family dinner thing and then we left Monday morning around 11. Just enough time for me to make my chem class. Jon gave me the notes for Monday's TV class, so it was like I didn't miss anything, and got four days at home. I think I'm going back home next weekend. I have to stop in O-Town to pick up the video game I randomly one in an O-Rock radio contest on the way up monday. Yay for Threesome at Three!

Alright, kids, the Price is Right is on. Toodles.
Read Comments

Anonymous: (this user logs IP addresses)
Reload Image | Listen to it
Enter what you see (only needed for anonymous comments!)
Security Code: