|Add To Friends|
|goodbye (profile) wrote, |
on 02-17-11 at 9:17pm
1. a) Of or relating to an individual, especially a single human: individual consciousness.
b) By or for one person: individual work; an individual portion.
2. Existing as a distinct entity; separate: individual drops of rain.
3. a) Marked by or expressing individuality; distinctive or individualistic: an individual way of dressing.
b) Special; particular: Each variety of melon has its individual flavor and texture.
c) Serving to identify or set apart: "There was nothing individual about him except a deep scar ... across his right cheek" (Rebecca West).
1. a) A single human considered apart from a society or community: the rights of the individual.
b) A human regarded as a unique personality: always treated her clients as individuals.
c) A person distinguished from others by a special quality.
d) Usage Problem A person.
2. A single animal or plant as distinguished from a species, community, or group.
3. A member of a collection or set; a specimen.