The Ramblings of the Official Whatsit
"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination." -Mark Twain
Contribute to my Johari Window or Nohari Window if you feel like you know me!
The DragonSpeaker is currently: The current mood of DragonSpeaker at


home | profile | guestbook


recent entries | past entries


:: 2005 13 December :: 10.40am

I had a whole lot written here.....and now it's gone.

I'm so sending a message now. This whole back space page changing text disappearing thing is now working for me.

1 glance | Never look back.


:: 2005 12 December :: 11.47pm

You took your coat off and stood in the rain,
You're always crazy like that.
And I watched from my window,
Always felt I was outside looking in on you.
You're always the mysterious one with
Dark eyes and careless hair,
You were fashionably sensitive
But too cool to care.
You stood in my doorway, with nothing to say
Besides some comment on the weather.

Well in case you failed to notice,
In case you failed to see,
This is my heart bleeding before you,
This is me down on my knees, and...

These foolish games are tearing me apart,
And your thoughtless words are breaking my heart.
You're breaking my heart.

You're always brilliant in the morning,
Smoking your cigarettes and talking over coffee.
Your philosophies on art, Baroque moved you.
You loved Mozart and you'd speak of your loved ones
As I clumsily strummed my guitar.

You'd teach me of honest things,
Things that were daring, things that were clean.
Things that knew what an honest dollar did mean.
I hid my soiled hands behind my back.
Somewhere along the line, I must've gone
Off track with you.

Excuse me, think I've mistaken you for somebody else,
Somebody who gave a damn,
Somebody more like myself.

These foolish games are tearing me apart,
And your thoughtless words are breaking my heart.
You're breaking my heart.

You took your coat off,
Stood in the rain,
You're always crazy like that.

Never look back.


:: 2005 8 December :: 9.45pm

Fa la la la la...


3 glances | Never look back.


:: 2005 29 November :: 10.50am

What is a horse shoe? What does a horse shoe do? Are there any horse socks? Is anybody listening to me?

Never look back.


:: 2005 26 November :: 12.00pm
:: Mood: tired
:: Music: "We Are the Boys from Old Florida"

Alright, let's see how much of the past week I can get down before I have to head out.

Pick a day....any day. Let's start with Friday. Friday Hilary flew up to DC to visit a friend at GW, starting my weekend of having my own room. I went over to Lakeside and Leah cooked dinner (mmm) and then we watched a few movies. We decided somewhere in there that we should have thanksgiving dinner before we all headed down south and we wrote an email and left a few drunk messages on people's phones. Stupid SNAP stopped taking calls at 1:30, so Ryan said he would take me home. We watched the rest of Robin Hood Men In Tights and then he drove me back to my place. It was sooo nice to have a room to myself, and I got to fall asleep with my TV on. Saturday I woke up at 2:30, and proceeded to do absolutely NOTHING all day. I stayed in my PJs until about 7:30 when I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things I needed as well as the stuff I was responsible for bringing to Thanksgiving Dinner. When I got back from the store...I did more nothing. It was great. Sunday I did some work, I think, and then started with the preparations for Thanksgiving. I made stuffing and gravy, Tom made chicken (and bitched about it all night :oP), Leah made two pies and yams, gabe brought drinks, and Anghela brought cranberries and corn. It was really fun to all sit together and have a big family dinner. We ended up with lots of leftovers, so I went around to the boys in my hall and told them to come eat some food. They were a little confused, but we managed to give away most of it. After dinner we watched Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy, then I kinda chillaxed and looked around on this Harry Potter site I stumbled across, and Hilary and I were up till 5 debating fun little HP things. Oh yeah..I think I started a day too late. Thursday I went with Hilary and a few of her friends to see the midnight release of HP, which was amazing. Best movie yet.

Monday I was SUPPOSED to go to RTV, but...things didn't really work out that way. I slept through my alarm, and Hilary's alarm, and Hilary getting ready/leaving for class. I only woke up around 11:30 when Allison called me about football tickets. It was good that she called; I had planned to call her on the way back from class, but, well, you know. So I told her we were meeting at 12:30 at the stadium, and then...we did. I called Will when I was leaving, and woke him up, so Allison, Mike and I were waiting for a bit for Rip to show up. He did though, and was only about 15 minutes late, so we got our tickets and left. Our seats are friggin awesome, it rocks. After that I came home and had to be productive. I did chem hw, packed, etc. Went to chem class at 6...big waste of time, then came home to finish preparations for the trip southward. Will and I decided that since neither of us really had food, that we should go out, so we went to Moe's (Welcome to Moe's!!) and left Gainesville around 9. It was an interesting car trip with a fishbowl on my lap, but Bacchus travels well. We got home at about 2 AM, and I got to bed about 4. My mom woke me up at about 7:30 when she was leaving for work, and I regrettably didn't get a nap. Kinda hung out at the house Tuesday, then my mom, my brother and I went to see Harry Potter at 10 something. Like I figured, I noticed a lot more the second time. My dad was a little pissed that we went to see HP, since he's the only one who hasn't read the books, so he didn't go see the movie. Wednesday I kinda waited around all day for a few of my friends to call me, and when they didn't I just kinda said screw that and went out with the ATL crew. Apparently the tri-rail station moved, which made picking Krystle up an interesting adventure, but it all worked out and Krystle, me and Amanda made it to roadhouse to meet up with Amalia, THomas, and Adam. It was nice to see everyone again. I couldn't really go out afterwards though, since I had told my dad I would go with him to see derailed, and cancelling at 9:00 wouldn't have been cool. So I took Amanda home and raced back to pick him up so we could see the movie at 9:50. We were like 5 minutes late, but it didn't matter, since they decided not to show the movie. I was kinda pissed cause I had missed out hanging with friends more to go see a nonexistent movie. But c'est la vie, and I called Sarah to see if she wanted to hang out. We tried to go to dairy queen, but as per boca's custom, it closed at 10, so instead we got frostys at wendy's. Still good though, and then we hung out a bit at their house and watched sex and the city and everybody loves raymond.

Thursday was off limits to anything not family related. I wanted to sit at home, watch the parade, smell the turkey smell. I ended up going back out with my dad to try to see derailed, and this time they were showing it. But we were even more late, and missed the first few minutes. It didn't appear that we had missed much.. The movie was ok, but not the kind of movie I wanted to see on Thanksgiving day. So whatever, it made my dad happy because he wanted to see it. We came home and watched a little football, then I started doing my part of thanksgiving dinner stuff. Yay turkey smell! Will played Madden for most of the afternoon, which led to a great quote that some of you will now find on my away message. Will: There's one minute left in the half! Mom: Honey, it's Thanksgiving dinner! Haha, maybe something you'd have to be there for, but it was hilarious. After dinner I convinced the others to let me watch Charlie Brown, and then we watched more football. We all signed up for our Target wake up calls and tuck in calls, except that will and I were the only ones who subscribed to the earliest possible wake up time: 4 AM. I got to bed shortly after the end of the Tonight Show, so call it 12:45. Kermit the Frog woke me up at 3:50. Let the Black Friday shopping begin!!

Will woke up around 4:15, and we left the house around 4:40. Our first mission: Walmart. Last year we hit up Sports Authority first, but this year we went straight to the front lines. Basically, we sit at home going through the circulars Thursday, and then decide if there's anything in there that we want. The only really big item that we wanted was this table at walmart. It's a 3 in 1 pool, ping pong, and poker table. I mean, come on. We had to buy it. It was only $98!! So we got to Walmart at about 4:55, and the line to get into the store went from the door all the way to the side of the parking lot, then down almost to 441. Hundreds of people. Many people who had gotten there when we did (right as the store was opening) elected to stand outside the doors and wait for the line to get in, but I said screw that, we're getting in line! I saw Vanessa on our way back to the end of the line, and talked to her for a second, but it wasn't very social...everyone there was on a mission. I remembered that the only thing that I found intriguing from the Best Buy circular was the bargain DVDs, and I knew it would be a while before we made our way over to Best Buy, so I gave Leah a call and asked her to grab me a copy of Billy Madison for $4. She told me there were a million copies of the DVDs, and she scored me a Billy Madison. We got physically into Walmart at around 5:07, and there was a swarm of people after these 23" TVs for $88. That seemed to be the big walmart deal of the day. We decided to avoid that in our quest for the table, and walked down along the registers. There was this one guy walking the other direction, shouting "Forget it, the computers are gone. You can just leave." We went down through sporting goods and found other tables, but not the one we were looking for. I found an employee, and he showed me where they were. They were in the exact spot where the trampolines were last year. We knew what this meant. We tried to get a table down, but they were in boxes about 6 1/2' long, and weighed about 100 lbs. We debated for a bit how we were going to get the table home, not to mention to Gainesville. Finally some walmart people realized how poorly planned the location of the tables was, and they sent for a dolly. Two of them got some tables down and laid them on their sides, then took names of the surrounding people to be sure that the ones who had gotten there first (ie Will and I) got the tables. By that time, there were about 6 people clamoring for what I think was probably 10-12 tables. They cut off the UPCs and gave them to the people who were there in line, and told us to go check out. I had also grabbed a vacuum for $10 and a razor that my dad had mentioned he wanted. We checked out, and then began the epic journey of getting the table home. My Name Is Earl helped us out of the store, then (Thank God) had some string and he tied the table to the roof of the car. We went home then and managed somehow to get the table off of the car and into the garage. We've decided that what we're going to do is go home during the reading days before exams and trade the corolla for the van and bring the table up in that. We couldn't have driven 300 miles with a table on the roof. So after unloading (and taking a donut rest) we headed back out for Sports Authority. Will made out like a bandit there, again, and got two boxes of Nike golf balls for $20, gloves buy one get one, and golf shoes 50% off. After SA we went to Linens and Things to see if Will's chair was on sale. Unfortunately, it seems as though those chairs were just part of the going to college thing, and weren't there anymore. We did, however, get the best board game ever: Shots & Ladders. Comes with a board and 6 shot glasses. We went halvsies on it, so it only cost $5 each. We then went to Target, where I ran into Leah. Her mom was pissed off. They lined up outside of Best Buy at 3:30 in the morning, and the computers were sold out by the time they got to them. Again, not a social situation, so we split ways so I could go find my dog toy thing and my photo thing. I found the photo things, which are really cool, but the dog thing was sold out. :( It was this toy, a plastic dog, and you plug it into your CD player or MP3 player and it dances and plays a light show. Oh well, it probably would have been one of those things I would be mad I spent $20 on later. Or I'll make my parents buy it for me for christmas. o.~ Will also bought the Family Guy movie at Target for $8. Let's see....after Target we went to the mall. We parked at Sears, but went straight through to Old Navy. I was really hoping they would have another sale where one item was a dollar with any purchase. Last year it was blankets, and the year before it was scarves, and I took advantage of that both times, but this year they didn't have it. Instead they had a scratch and win game, which proved useful, as we got $10 off a purchase of $50, and Will and I together spent exactly $50. He got two sweater-type shirt things, and a fleece pullover for $10 each, which is a good deal, since those fleece jackets are not that cheap usually, and I got two blankets (they were 2 for 10) and a sweater that's really fuzzy and nice. I only really wanted one blanket, but it was either 2 for $10 or 1 for $10. It ended up working out though, because when we got home my mom said that she would have bought two more because she likes those blankets, so I told her I'd sell her my second one for $5, and I did. So anyway, good deals to be had at old navy, because between the $10 off and the selling the blanket to my mom, I got a blanket and a sweater for $10. After that we went into Sears, and I looked for jeans, because I need them desperately, and I got two pairs for $45. Again, pretty good deal, since they're supposed to be $35 each. While I was shopping there Will went over to FYE and bought a Scene It game for himself for my parents to give him for christmas. At FYE we saw the family guy movie that will had bought at target for $8 on sale for $24. We're awesome shoppers. After the mall we went to Best Buy, and I thought about buying an MP3 player for $40, cause it was a really good deal, but I don't think that I'll be happy with 512 mb, so I passed. We did buy a cordless phone for my parents though, because that was the one thing that they had mentioned they wanted us to grab. And it was $8. I found the bargain DVD bin, just because I was curious, and I was SO glad I had Leah buy me Billy Madison. All that was left in the whole bin was 8 copies of Road to Perdition. We went home after Best Buy, exhausted, and with a lot of stuff, and thus ended the Black Friday shopping extravaganza.

~~~Have to go to see the Gators play!! I'll finish this tonight (if I'm sober)~~~


Man, that game was friggin awesome, but more about that later. Where was I? Ah, yes. Home. We got home around 10 AM, watched Ellen, and I saw the first game of the Price is Right before falling asleep. I told my mom to wake me up at 12, but I didn't actually get up until around 12:45, and we were supposed to leave at 2. No matter, my laundry was all done, thanks to my mom, and I had most of my things together. I packed for a bit, sorted through some of the purchases of the morning, grabbed my harry potter books, and was just about ready to leave. At 1:35 my dad came out into the kitchen and said that he wanted to talk with us before we left. Mind you he had FOUR DAYS to have a conversation with us, and he knew all week that we wanted to leave no later than 2, yet he still started this conversation at 1:35. It drives me insane. Seriously. Apparently my parents are/were thinking about buying the house two doors down the street and moving there. It's the exact same house we have, but with a pool and screened in porch. Honestly, it doesn't really affect Will and I that much, so our opinions on the matter were pretty much indifferent. Anyway, we rolled out of boca at about 2:30.

We got to Gainesville shortly before 7, took Bacchus up to my room, and headed out for the basketball game. My ID wouldn't scan, so I have to get a new one, but I did get one of the shaker things. XD I sat next to the cutest little boy too. He kept talking to me about the basketball game and stuff, he was just adorable. The game was a little intense. It started off with us losing 8-0, then 24-3. At one point we had 5 fouls and 3 points. But, God smiled upon the gators and we won 73-66. After the game...I don't remember what I did. I think maybe I just came home. I guess. I don't really know. Oh wait, no. No I didn't. I got the rest of my stuff out of my car and went out to dinner at Moe's with Will. Then I came home. This morning I woke up around 11:30, umm..started writing this, then went tailgating with Hilary and Dan. We grabbed lunch at the reitz union, and brought it over behind the music building where we tailgate. We went over to the stadium and I met up with Will and Mike...and Mr Will and his sons. Mr. Will bought Kurosh's ticket from Will for his son, so Brian used my friend Dan's student ID to get in. It was pretty weird to see Mr. Will, and I'm pretty sure he was drunk. His sons were rooting for FSU, and I told Brian that if I would have known that I wouldn't have gotten him the ID. But they got in fine, and all was well. Will, Mike and I found our seats, which were AMAZING. We laid the smackdown on FSU. F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E SUCKS! It was just so intense. What a fun game. Afterwards we went to Chipotle to grab some dinner, which is always good. Burke wanted me to go out to Abbey Road with them, and Allison really wanted me to go to a house party with her, but I am sooo tired I kinda just want a quiet evening here. Even though it is FSU weekend. So here I am having a quiet evening. A little sore, but not unhappy. I have pretty bad visor hair, if that's possible, and my feet are really gross and dirty. That's what I get for wearing flip flops to the Swamp. I think I'm just gonna take a shower and do some wildlife issues hw while I watch TV. I have a chem test monday night, and a wildlife test tuesday morning, with a term paper due thursday in my honors class. Wake me up when this week is over.

Hope this entry was long enough for you, kids. Over and out.

So give a cheer for the orange and blue, waving forever
Forever pride of old florida, may she droop never
We'll sing a song for the flag today
Cheer for the team at play
On to the goal, we'll fight our way for Florida!

Never look back.


:: 2005 14 November :: 12.31pm
:: Mood: tired
:: Music: Elizabethtown Soundtrack

On the road again...
So. Went to South Carolina this weekend, as all devoted Gator fans should. We left Friday morning from my dorm and headed over to the Reitz Union so we could buy visors. I also bought a Gators sweatshirt, know, gotta have a Gators sweatshirt to go to South Carolina. Plus, I had two 25% off coupons, so the sweatshirt was only $39. So then we were on the road. (We being Me, Will, Emil, Pete, and Burke). We stopped somewhere in Georgia at Wendy's for lunch, and then got to our hotel in South Carolina around 6ish. We checked in, then asked the people at the front desk where there was a place with bars and stuff near campus and/or the stadium so we could have a plan if we didn't get tickets for the game. They gave us directions to a place called 5 Points, and we went there. We parked and decided to walk around a bit. We walked around USC campus, and they have this crazy awesome residence hall thing. Then we went back to 5 Points and went to this Irish Pub called Delaney's that was playing football and basketball, so we figured they would be playing the game Saturday. We had some food and whatnot, everyone got beers, but I figured we wouldn't be there long so I had water so I could drive. There was this crazy Irish singer at the pub, and Burke knew all the words (I knew only some) to all the songs, and all the motions and clapping and stuff, so it was really fun. Also I taught Will and Emil the cup game, and they enjoyed that. After Delaney's we kinda just went back to the hotel and crashed. Peter and Emil continuously spilled candy in the car, and it was beginning to get excessive. Hehe, so we fit 5 people in one hotel room (barely) and got some sleep.

Woke up around 9 the next morning with the plan to drive to the stadium, drop will and burke off so they could find tickets, then me, peter, and emil drive to 5 points and try to find a table in a sports bar. However, about 2 miles outside of the stadium, there were many people with signs requesting tickets, and zero people selling them. We decided to scrap the plan of trying to go to the game, seeing as how there would be no way to get 5 tickets, not to mention getting all 5 under $100 each. So we didn't split up, and all headed over to 5 points. We had to buy something at OOPS Co. to be able to park for more than 90 minutes, and then we grabbed something to eat at Groucho's, since nothing opened until 11. A random USC guy came up and started talking to us. We asked him where he was going to watch the game, and after a few minutes of indecision, he came back and recommended a place called Damon's, though he couldn't give us directions. We asked the Groucho's waiters, and they gave us pretty accurate southern directions, with landmarks like "Longhorns" and no street names. But we got there, and we got an awesome table. Damon's had TVs everywhere, including the bathrooms, with 5 huge screens in the room we were in, 3 of which played the UF-USC game, and 2 played the FSU-Clemson game. Apparently South Carolina dominated the state of Florida that day, and I don't really want to talk about it. But it was nice because our waitress didn't card (nor, it seems, did anyone in South Carolina), and I got a Yoengling, which was ok.. We all ordered ice cream sundaes at different intervals throughout the game, which was pretty funny, and then we hung our heads in shame as we left Damon's (playing a game of Pacman on the way out) and headed back to the hotel. We asked the desk guy where a good place for steak and pasta was, and he gave us directions to an Outback Steakhouse, which had an hour and twenty minutes wait, so we went to Chili's. Stupid Chili's messed up my order and put pickles in the sandwich, but whatever, I took them out. We went back to the hotel after dinner, and attempted to watch the Georgia-Auburn game, but lost interest since it had no bearing on our status anymore, and watched Mean Girls instead. After Mean Girls ended we walked over to the gas station to buy candy. Then we watched the end of the game and kinda chilled before going to bed.

Sunday we got up around 9, got breakfast, packed, and headed out. We made a stop at a Piggly Wiggly on Strom Thurmond Blvd because Pete had made all these claims about how shitty they were and how they had checkout ailes specifically for people paying with food stamps. Apparently, though, Pete was WAY off, as this was one of the classiest grocery stores any of us had ever been to. They did sell Steve Spurrier wine though. We made another stop in Walterboro, SC to go to Hobo Joe's to get fireworks. I was really pissed though, because Hobo Joe's closed on Sundays. So we had to go across the street to the Fireworks Superstore to get our fix. I bought things that don't blow up, but are still awesome. They're these little pellets, and you light them on fire, and then they turn into this little ash snake. I used to love them when I was little. Yes, I recognize that they are pussy fireworks, but I am not ashamed to admit that I am afraid of blowing things up. We got back on the road for a while, then stopped around 2:00 somewhere in Georgia....on Business 95 (I don't know either) to get some lunch. We ate at Ruby Tuesday, and Will made me get a Bison Burger. It was good, but again they screwed it up and put pickles on it. It was fine though, whatever. That was the last stop of the trip, and we made it back to Gainesville around 6:00. Really South Carolina is not that far away. When we used to drive to North Carolina and stay in Walterboro on the way up it seemed like forever, but that's because Florida is so damn long. We cut 4 1/2 hours off by leaving from Gainesville, and it only took about 7 hours, with a stop, to get to Columbia. Nice city too, with nice people. I wouldn't mind going back.

Here are some of the quotes that merited getting written down on the way up mostly, with some from the hotel room and the ride back.

"This candy's really good for you...well, except for the sugar." -Emil

Emil: Did you know body lice is worse than head lice?
Pete: Did you know I had chiggers? Yeah, when I was in Guatemala. It sucked ass.

"Do you think they use 'carpetbaggers' as an offensive term here?" -Emil

"Did you guys see the bungee jumping video? I don't want to give away the ending's really funny." -Pete

"Did you guys know it's a crime to pee on the Alamo?" -Emil

"I don't like sleeping in a car because the one time I did I thought I went blind." -Emil

"I want to see people who wear nothing but overalls. I've seen them. They have them in Alabama." -Emil

P: Did you guys used to play hide and seek when you were little?
E: Nah. We used to play "throw the wet sponge."

"I want to find a Piggly Wiggly with a whole checkout aisle just for food stamps." -Pete

P: (ours) Must be a really fat poltergeist.
E: Yeah, he bought us Swiss Cake Rolls once.

"That's why I sleep with my door locked and a freakin' dart." -Pete

Now, this one is interesting and is even funnier in context. We were talking about the cape that Mike wore to the Tennessee game, and Pete asked if Mike was a super hero. When we all gave him quizzical looks, he followed up with "I hope he's lightning man." Out of that conversation came the following quote:
"When you were kids did you ever want to get struck by lightning so that you could control lightning? What, am I the only one?" -Pete

Pete, to Emil: G'night, John-John.
Emil, to Pete: G'night, Yoha. Let's go dream of apples. Golden apples.

"We all know karma has a playful side." -Emil

"Is that how you spell failure, Pete? C-A-T-C-A....H?" -Will

Never look back.


:: 2005 8 November :: 10.22am
:: Mood: sleepy
:: Music: "Story of a Girl"

Ok, boys and girls, how about an update? Now that I've had a chance to take a breath, I can finally break down the last month for your viewing pleasure.

Let's start around October twenty-something-st. I went to Halloween Horror Nights with Gabe, his parents, Joe, Cesar, their aunt and uncle, and Gabe's friend Mike. It was a little crazy, but really fun. Halloween Horror Nights is scary! There were guys with chain saws everywhere, and people that jump out from the bushes, and really scary haunted houses. I spent half my time with Cesar guarding me from chain saw men, and the other half attached to Gabe's arm. I was the only girl there too, not counting adult-ish people. But it was still really fun!

So let's see, what else...I think it was that next week that I had a GAZILLION TESTS, and that sucked. Way to drain my social life there. I had no classes that friday, so Will and I drove to O-Town to pick up my prize from ORock. Long trip, but winning a prize and not picking it up is really bad Karma. We stopped at the Golf Channel on the way back to see all of will's old coworkers.. We ended up on an officially unofficial tour of the golf channel that lasted about an hour. Then we hit gridlock traffic in Ocala on the way back. So, long story short, Will missed an extra credit focus group for his RTV class. I felt really bad, even though it wasn't my fault, because we had gone down there to pick up my game, so I did the alternative extra credit assignment for him. So now I know about technodistortions in political advertising.

The next weekend was Florida Georgia, affectionately known as the largest outdoor coctail party. I hitched a ride with some girls on my floor, and they dropped me off at the landing. After about an hour of wandering the landing by myself, I caught up with Will, and we grabbed something to eat and then headed over to the stadium. We met up with Mike and Burke outside the stadium and wandered around to see everything there. Lots of tailgating activities. We spent a fair bit of time trash-talking, and then went inside. Our section was awesome. We were literally directly in the middle of the endzone. Our section was the division between the two sides, which meant that it was half Florida and half Georgia. Ohhh man, crazy antics. The game was amazing (though really really cold) and we won 14-10. Go gators! After the game Will and I headed back to the landing, and hing out there for a bit. Then we went to the beach house with Andy, Jason, Angel, and Amy. Lots of people, small car. I had to sit on Will. We stopped at Wendys, and then managed to actually get to the beach house. At that point, Will-Kyle had gotten out of jail, and was looking to go out on the town. Ok, fine. I'll tell you why Will-Kyle was in jail. Apparently, the night before (Friday) there was a large party at Will-Kyle and Jason's house. This is not surprising. So one of their bitchy neighbors called the cops about the noise at about midnight. The cops showed up and issued a warning or whatever the hell cops do. No problem. Apparently they came back at about 4 AM and went into a room with Will-Kyle and Jason (and Andy snuck in to take pictures) and it ended with Jason running out of the room going Holy shit guys! Will just got arrested! And yes, in fact, there was Will-Kyle, in handcuffs, getting shoved into a police car. So he spent the night in jail. From what I've been told, he refused to sign whatever citation they were issuing him. More likely, he lipped off to the cop. So, back to Saturday night. Will-Kyle left with a couple of people, and the rest of us just kind of hung out at the house. It was still pretty early, so nothing really was going on. They still had a keg from last night, and we watched some of the other football games on TV. Then Emily and Katey came and picked me up, and we drove home.

Oh, I forgot, that Friday Adam came up! So I spent all day showing him around campus. We went out to lunch, went around campus a bit, watched the bats, and his parents took us out to dinner. Then we went to Gatornights, and I made Adam watch a rated R movie!! Gatornights was playing Wedding Crashers. XD He was mad at me, but it was totally worth it!

That sunday I spent all day working on stuff for Haunted Hume. It was so much work, between Sunday and Monday, but it really came together well. Our Harry Potter theme worked well, and although we didn't win, I think the kids really appreciated having a non-scary floor. The floors that won though, did a really good job. I have lots of pictures! XD

This past week was pretty uneventful, had a stats test, etc. Friday night my mom drove up. I drove down to Ocala and we went to dinner before driving to Orlando to pick Will up from the airport (he went to Chicago to interview with Sears). Note: Third trip to Orlando in three weekends. Got back to Gainesville around 3 AM-ish, and had to get up at 9 to return to Ocala for breakfast Saturday. We brought my mom up to Gainesville, and participated in some pre-game festivities. Kickoff was at 7:15, and it was an awesome game. We came sooo close to losing to Vanderbilt, which...come on, it's Vanderbilt, but we ended up winning 49-42 in double overtime. We left pretty much immediately after the game to take my mom back to Ocala, and then came right back to gainesville to party. I dropped Will, Mike, and Kurosh off at Courtyards for Liz's party, and then went over to Lakeside to hang out with Leah and Angie. At about quarter after three I went and picked up the guys at Courtyards. I dropped Mike off at North, then took Will and Kurosh to Pinetree. On my way back, I was driving north on Radio, and then turned east onto Museum, when I saw a cop turning south onto Radio. Then I saw him make a u-turn and then turn east onto Museum. I figured he was just waiting for me to speed, so I went 19 mph. Still, after following me for about 30 seconds, he flicked on the lights and pulled me over. I was kinda like wtf, but decided the best thing to do would be to be polite and whatnot. Keep in mind that it's about 4 AM on gameday, so I knew he was just waiting to bust me for a DUI. Lucky for me, all I had at lakeside was pizza. So the cop came over and asked for my license and whatnot, and of course I didn't have my insurance with me, but it was ok. I actually had to use the phrase "Is there a problem, officer?" He told me my headlight was out, which I knew, and I told him I was planning to get it fixed this week, which I am. I also told him that I didn't have my insurance cause it was in my other wallet because I really don't drive that much, and it's my brother's car. He kinda asked what I was doing in my brother's car, and I told him I was just coming back from dropping him off at his appartment. He asked if he had been out drinking and I said yes. He then said "You did a good thing," and I knew he was just gonna let me go then. He did ask if I had been drinking, but I told him no and he believed me. So he gave me back my license and let me on my merry way. I got to sleep finally around 4ish, only to wake up at 9 to go back to Ocala to see my mother off. We went out to breakfast again, and then she left back to boca, and Will and I went back to gainesville. I forget now why I didn't get a nap, but I didn't, so I took a 5 hour nap yesterday, and will probably take another, shorter nap today. Yay naps.

So, I think that's about it. I'll hopefully update sometime next week when I get back from South Carolina. Only two more weeks until Thanksgiving!! XD

Never look back.


:: 2005 1 November :: 11.59pm
:: Music: Don McLean

If you believe in Rock 'N Roll
So the way I see it, it's November 1st. While that may seem like something obvious, I've decided it means a little more.

See, what my problem (among many, I know) is that I let it build up. I have something I want to write and share and then just no time to write it up and post it. Then I put it off till the next day but by then I don't want to write it but have new things from that day that I want to type up. But traditionally and linearly I can't skip the first day and write the next day or it'll be out of order and not make sense and all that. So then I can't write the new day until I've done the first day and so on and so on. This thusly causes quite the backup. Months and months long unfortunately. And that leads me to the first. First of November. And I've decided yet again to let go of the baggage of holding out to writing the first day and just start with now again.

That's why this keeps happening.

I realize you all've missed out on my move-in and adjusting up here and all the little goings on and such. Big stuff. Sorry. I really miss keeping in touch and the chatter and knowing all the inside stuff and closeness and all. I don't want the distance, I want the closeness. Same page.

What to say now? It's been so long. I feel so out of the loop. So you all must feel so out of my loop too. Let me try then neh?

14 hour drive up. So painful. 8 hours to Gainesville with layover there. Funstuff. 6 hours to Atlanta. I was pretty sick for most of the drive, curled in a ball in the front seat with the same cd playing over and over and over and over for hours. Dad kinda got sick of that since I used the car cd player....but at least it was good music..heh. Yay Something Corporate!
Oh, the hurricane was coming. So mom stayed home with Katie. Good thing for some part, less stress and more easygoing. But sad too. Wanted her to be there when I moved in. Just that moment.

The few days of settling in were usual. Roommate and her parents were here; they were pretty nice though the dad was kinda scary. Well, all the girls and their parents were here. First day perceptions of everyone and basically all turned out to be pretty wrong but twas interesting. I forget how small my dad seems compared to other dads in physique. But he was right in there on the lofting bed situation and had all the tools in hand working away lifting stuff and figuring stuff out above any of the other parents. So odd. But mom wasn't there to do the mom stuff. I had to ask Sarah (roommate)'s mom to help me line the drawers and what I should do with certain girly things and all. Really made me sad.
Eventually all settled and the first few days of settling in and all. Took a while to orient with the girls and get used to everything, still not used to everything, but it works. Practically none of them had done sleep-away camp and a few had never even heard of it before. That's why I think being away like this is a bit easier for me. Three years of a couple weeks away from home and all. That and home was crappy a lot of the time. But the other girls were really homesick and crying all the time and upset and all. Did what I could to help them. Not to say that I wasn't sad and homesick. I just couldn't feel it. It took a lot longer to register and then I just couldn't cry. For some reason especially not in front of the other girls. I don't think any of them have seen me cry yet even now.

The best of the freshman events, of which there were few, was Songfest! Now Amy can go on and on about this but I've got the bragging rights. See for Songfest, each residence hall has to learn songs with the words changed to fit the school and such and corresponding dances and all. It's so much fun. SO On the big day of Songfest, my res hall (I'm in Thomas Hall but it's connected to Hopkins and Smith so we're called Complex) was heading down to the field and I turned around and the whole pathway form where I was all the way back to the dorm was swarmed with our group. Like hundreds. It was crazy. Loved it! Amy's res hall did awesomely well, they were quite close to beating us......but in the end we totally showed everyone how to do it and Complex won Songfest for the second year in a row. It was such an amazing feeling, I love competing like that. All the adrenaline and cheering and winning. Hehehe
There are definitely some major bragging rights with this. Oh man I simply cannot let this go. ^_________^

My classes are pretty good. I've got Biology with lab which apparently is supposed to be impossible and a huge weedout class since I'm at the pre-med school. Meh. But I enjoy bio. Psychology is technically biopsychology it seems....but it's amazingly interesting. Just really difficult multiple-multiple choice tests. Stats and Probability is pretty easy, an annoying General Education Requirement. Freshman Seminar called Suffering, Healing, and Redemption which I call a religion/psych mix since it's uber philosophical and psychological but is technically a religion/jewish studies course. The teacher is a rabbi-ish's really weird to learn from his point of view. But in October I literally had two full weeks off of the class due to Jewish holidays. It was excellent! I really like that class, just no grades but the final paper so I'm a bit iffy now on how this paper will turn out. No idea how he grades. Plus a FAME (Freshman Advisoring Mentor thingymabob) that I had to do for 6 weeks. Quite annoying. If you weren't around when I was venting about the trip they made us go group had to go to Savannah for one Saturday early in school. 4 hour drive. I'm so not a car person like that. Ugh painful. Plus a lot of music: Wind Ensemble (winds + brass + perc), Percussion Ensemble, private lesson. Yeah, I declared music as my current major, doubled with an undecided. That way I get free private lessons. Otherwise the lessons would be $800 A SEMESTER!!! Horrific. So that's where I'm at with that.

As far as clubs go I've been sucked into the Billiards club mainly. That's so much fun! I absolutely love it! They taught me how to hold the cue and all the differerent details and I'm actually pretty good! It's fun.
Also in Outdoor Emory but no luck on making any trips. Looking forward to learning to waterski. And go rock climbing and caving and maybe rafting and such.
Then I'm signed up for Art Club, Culinary Club, Astronomy Club, Volunteer Emory, Fencing, and Greek info......heh. Haven't made any of those meetings yet though. ^^"

Next update: Parent's Weekend, Birthday, Girls, Anime.

Never look back. | Random Journal