Click. Then click the 6 buttons at the bottom.


home | profile | guestbook

I want OFF this rollercoaster.

recent entries | past entries


:: 2005 18 December :: 2.06pm
:: Music: "Seek Up" -Dave Matthews Band

Every day things change, but basically they stay the same
Sometimes I feel like I'm falling
Fall back again, fall back again,
Fall back again, fall back again

Oh, life it seems a struggle between
What we see and what we do
I'm not going to change my ways
Just to please you or appease you
Inside a crowd, five billion proud
Willing to punch it out
Right, wrong, weak, strong
Ashes to ashes all fall down
Look around about this round
About this merry-go-round around
If at all God's gaze upon us falls
It's with a mischievous grin, look at him

Forget about the reasons and
The treasons we are seeking
Forget about the notion that
Our emotions can be kept at bay
Forget about being guilty,
We are innocent instead
For soon we will all find our lives swept away

You seek up an emotion
And your cup is overflowing
You seek up an emotion,
Sometimes your well is dry
You seek up a big monster
For him to fight your wars for you
But when he finds his way to you, the devil's not
Going ha, ha

Say, say

Everyday things change, but basically they stay the same

Forget about the reasons and
The treasons we are seeking
Forget about the notion that
Your emotions can be swept away
Intentions are not wicked,
Don't be tricked into thinking so
Soon we will all find our lives swept away

You seek up an emotion
And your cup is overflowing
You seek up an emotion,
Sometimes your well is dry
You seek up a big monster
For him to fight your wars for you
But when he finds his way to you,
The devil's not going - ha, ha
Fall back again, fall back again, fall back again

So I realized today that it's been a while since I've written a real update. That's bad.

Semester ended...yay. I was one question away from an A in chem, and that really pisses me off. Other exams seem to have gone well though, so I think I ended up with three A's, one B, and one B+. Not too shabby for my first semester.

Tons of drama going on though. It just really makes me angry more than anything else. Are we 12? The whole situation just makes me frustrated and upset. It sucks.

I had lunch with Krystle today. It was really good to see her. We talked for a while about what's going on. It was really refreshing to talk to someone else. I need to remember to call people more often.

A few things are really upsetting me with my family. My brother and my dad are in Vegas right now. I wasn't invited. My mom and Will are going to Europe this summer. I wasn't invited there either. I think my dad and I are going to New York as a consolation vacation. I've said since thanksgiving that I wanted to go buy a christmas tree the day after we got home for break. We still don't have one, and I can't get one till Will gets home from vegas since I can't handle the tree by myself. I just kind of feel like I'm being pushed to the side.

I was working all week pretty much. Tuesday I worked all day at the car dealership, then went to the hockey game with my mom and Will. After the game Will and I ran into David Myers, Trevor Luna, Logan Poirer, and Mike Friend. Talk about awkward. Haven't seen them since 8th grade. Wednesday afternoon I subbed in preschool. Kids were cute, and it was fun to see some of the kids from summer. A little surreal to have Caroline Cleveland in my class though. I worked after care for a bit too. Thursday I was in Mrs. Vanderkooy's class. First grade was a bit harder than preschool. The kids just refused to listen. There were a few kids in there I knew...Kate Callahan, Angela Menkhaus...others. They had a lot of sugar because it was jordan's special week, and his mom brought in...marshmallow sticks. A few really cute little kid stories though. One of the funniest was when a girl was showing me a scratch she had on her stomach. It was this weird like three inch scratch. She said to me, "Do you know where this booboo is from?" And Angela Menkhaus said, "Voldemort??" It was the funniest thing ever. But a little scary that kids at that age really can't distinguish between fantasy and reality. Still funny. Friday I worked in the morning with another preschool class while Sandra Cahill went to see her daughter in the Christmas program. Those kids too were hyper, I don't know what was up with that. I guess they just go nuts with a substitute. I was expecting it to be more like summer, but during the summer I was their teacher rather than a substitute. I guess for this week I'll have to remember that it's different cause I'm a sub. Hopefully I'll get some work this week.

Well, I think that's it...later kids.

Pull the lever.


:: 2005 12 December :: 11.47pm

You took your coat off and stood in the rain,
You're always crazy like that.
And I watched from my window,
Always felt I was outside looking in on you.
You're always the mysterious one with
Dark eyes and careless hair,
You were fashionably sensitive
But too cool to care.
You stood in my doorway, with nothing to say
Besides some comment on the weather.

Well in case you failed to notice,
In case you failed to see,
This is my heart bleeding before you,
This is me down on my knees, and...

These foolish games are tearing me apart,
And your thoughtless words are breaking my heart.
You're breaking my heart.

You're always brilliant in the morning,
Smoking your cigarettes and talking over coffee.
Your philosophies on art, Baroque moved you.
You loved Mozart and you'd speak of your loved ones
As I clumsily strummed my guitar.

You'd teach me of honest things,
Things that were daring, things that were clean.
Things that knew what an honest dollar did mean.
I hid my soiled hands behind my back.
Somewhere along the line, I must've gone
Off track with you.

Excuse me, think I've mistaken you for somebody else,
Somebody who gave a damn,
Somebody more like myself.

These foolish games are tearing me apart,
And your thoughtless words are breaking my heart.
You're breaking my heart.

You took your coat off,
Stood in the rain,
You're always crazy like that.

Pull the lever.


:: 2005 8 December :: 9.45pm

Fa la la la la...


3 wave goodbye. | Pull the lever.


:: 2005 29 November :: 10.50am

What is a horse shoe? What does a horse shoe do? Are there any horse socks? Is anybody listening to me?

Pull the lever.


:: 2005 26 November :: 12.00pm
:: Mood: tired
:: Music: "We Are the Boys from Old Florida"

Alright, let's see how much of the past week I can get down before I have to head out.

Pick a day....any day. Let's start with Friday. Friday Hilary flew up to DC to visit a friend at GW, starting my weekend of having my own room. I went over to Lakeside and Leah cooked dinner (mmm) and then we watched a few movies. We decided somewhere in there that we should have thanksgiving dinner before we all headed down south and we wrote an email and left a few drunk messages on people's phones. Stupid SNAP stopped taking calls at 1:30, so Ryan said he would take me home. We watched the rest of Robin Hood Men In Tights and then he drove me back to my place. It was sooo nice to have a room to myself, and I got to fall asleep with my TV on. Saturday I woke up at 2:30, and proceeded to do absolutely NOTHING all day. I stayed in my PJs until about 7:30 when I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things I needed as well as the stuff I was responsible for bringing to Thanksgiving Dinner. When I got back from the store...I did more nothing. It was great. Sunday I did some work, I think, and then started with the preparations for Thanksgiving. I made stuffing and gravy, Tom made chicken (and bitched about it all night :oP), Leah made two pies and yams, gabe brought drinks, and Anghela brought cranberries and corn. It was really fun to all sit together and have a big family dinner. We ended up with lots of leftovers, so I went around to the boys in my hall and told them to come eat some food. They were a little confused, but we managed to give away most of it. After dinner we watched Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy, then I kinda chillaxed and looked around on this Harry Potter site I stumbled across, and Hilary and I were up till 5 debating fun little HP things. Oh yeah..I think I started a day too late. Thursday I went with Hilary and a few of her friends to see the midnight release of HP, which was amazing. Best movie yet.

Monday I was SUPPOSED to go to RTV, but...things didn't really work out that way. I slept through my alarm, and Hilary's alarm, and Hilary getting ready/leaving for class. I only woke up around 11:30 when Allison called me about football tickets. It was good that she called; I had planned to call her on the way back from class, but, well, you know. So I told her we were meeting at 12:30 at the stadium, and then...we did. I called Will when I was leaving, and woke him up, so Allison, Mike and I were waiting for a bit for Rip to show up. He did though, and was only about 15 minutes late, so we got our tickets and left. Our seats are friggin awesome, it rocks. After that I came home and had to be productive. I did chem hw, packed, etc. Went to chem class at 6...big waste of time, then came home to finish preparations for the trip southward. Will and I decided that since neither of us really had food, that we should go out, so we went to Moe's (Welcome to Moe's!!) and left Gainesville around 9. It was an interesting car trip with a fishbowl on my lap, but Bacchus travels well. We got home at about 2 AM, and I got to bed about 4. My mom woke me up at about 7:30 when she was leaving for work, and I regrettably didn't get a nap. Kinda hung out at the house Tuesday, then my mom, my brother and I went to see Harry Potter at 10 something. Like I figured, I noticed a lot more the second time. My dad was a little pissed that we went to see HP, since he's the only one who hasn't read the books, so he didn't go see the movie. Wednesday I kinda waited around all day for a few of my friends to call me, and when they didn't I just kinda said screw that and went out with the ATL crew. Apparently the tri-rail station moved, which made picking Krystle up an interesting adventure, but it all worked out and Krystle, me and Amanda made it to roadhouse to meet up with Amalia, THomas, and Adam. It was nice to see everyone again. I couldn't really go out afterwards though, since I had told my dad I would go with him to see derailed, and cancelling at 9:00 wouldn't have been cool. So I took Amanda home and raced back to pick him up so we could see the movie at 9:50. We were like 5 minutes late, but it didn't matter, since they decided not to show the movie. I was kinda pissed cause I had missed out hanging with friends more to go see a nonexistent movie. But c'est la vie, and I called Sarah to see if she wanted to hang out. We tried to go to dairy queen, but as per boca's custom, it closed at 10, so instead we got frostys at wendy's. Still good though, and then we hung out a bit at their house and watched sex and the city and everybody loves raymond.

Thursday was off limits to anything not family related. I wanted to sit at home, watch the parade, smell the turkey smell. I ended up going back out with my dad to try to see derailed, and this time they were showing it. But we were even more late, and missed the first few minutes. It didn't appear that we had missed much.. The movie was ok, but not the kind of movie I wanted to see on Thanksgiving day. So whatever, it made my dad happy because he wanted to see it. We came home and watched a little football, then I started doing my part of thanksgiving dinner stuff. Yay turkey smell! Will played Madden for most of the afternoon, which led to a great quote that some of you will now find on my away message. Will: There's one minute left in the half! Mom: Honey, it's Thanksgiving dinner! Haha, maybe something you'd have to be there for, but it was hilarious. After dinner I convinced the others to let me watch Charlie Brown, and then we watched more football. We all signed up for our Target wake up calls and tuck in calls, except that will and I were the only ones who subscribed to the earliest possible wake up time: 4 AM. I got to bed shortly after the end of the Tonight Show, so call it 12:45. Kermit the Frog woke me up at 3:50. Let the Black Friday shopping begin!!

Will woke up around 4:15, and we left the house around 4:40. Our first mission: Walmart. Last year we hit up Sports Authority first, but this year we went straight to the front lines. Basically, we sit at home going through the circulars Thursday, and then decide if there's anything in there that we want. The only really big item that we wanted was this table at walmart. It's a 3 in 1 pool, ping pong, and poker table. I mean, come on. We had to buy it. It was only $98!! So we got to Walmart at about 4:55, and the line to get into the store went from the door all the way to the side of the parking lot, then down almost to 441. Hundreds of people. Many people who had gotten there when we did (right as the store was opening) elected to stand outside the doors and wait for the line to get in, but I said screw that, we're getting in line! I saw Vanessa on our way back to the end of the line, and talked to her for a second, but it wasn't very social...everyone there was on a mission. I remembered that the only thing that I found intriguing from the Best Buy circular was the bargain DVDs, and I knew it would be a while before we made our way over to Best Buy, so I gave Leah a call and asked her to grab me a copy of Billy Madison for $4. She told me there were a million copies of the DVDs, and she scored me a Billy Madison. We got physically into Walmart at around 5:07, and there was a swarm of people after these 23" TVs for $88. That seemed to be the big walmart deal of the day. We decided to avoid that in our quest for the table, and walked down along the registers. There was this one guy walking the other direction, shouting "Forget it, the computers are gone. You can just leave." We went down through sporting goods and found other tables, but not the one we were looking for. I found an employee, and he showed me where they were. They were in the exact spot where the trampolines were last year. We knew what this meant. We tried to get a table down, but they were in boxes about 6 1/2' long, and weighed about 100 lbs. We debated for a bit how we were going to get the table home, not to mention to Gainesville. Finally some walmart people realized how poorly planned the location of the tables was, and they sent for a dolly. Two of them got some tables down and laid them on their sides, then took names of the surrounding people to be sure that the ones who had gotten there first (ie Will and I) got the tables. By that time, there were about 6 people clamoring for what I think was probably 10-12 tables. They cut off the UPCs and gave them to the people who were there in line, and told us to go check out. I had also grabbed a vacuum for $10 and a razor that my dad had mentioned he wanted. We checked out, and then began the epic journey of getting the table home. My Name Is Earl helped us out of the store, then (Thank God) had some string and he tied the table to the roof of the car. We went home then and managed somehow to get the table off of the car and into the garage. We've decided that what we're going to do is go home during the reading days before exams and trade the corolla for the van and bring the table up in that. We couldn't have driven 300 miles with a table on the roof. So after unloading (and taking a donut rest) we headed back out for Sports Authority. Will made out like a bandit there, again, and got two boxes of Nike golf balls for $20, gloves buy one get one, and golf shoes 50% off. After SA we went to Linens and Things to see if Will's chair was on sale. Unfortunately, it seems as though those chairs were just part of the going to college thing, and weren't there anymore. We did, however, get the best board game ever: Shots & Ladders. Comes with a board and 6 shot glasses. We went halvsies on it, so it only cost $5 each. We then went to Target, where I ran into Leah. Her mom was pissed off. They lined up outside of Best Buy at 3:30 in the morning, and the computers were sold out by the time they got to them. Again, not a social situation, so we split ways so I could go find my dog toy thing and my photo thing. I found the photo things, which are really cool, but the dog thing was sold out. :( It was this toy, a plastic dog, and you plug it into your CD player or MP3 player and it dances and plays a light show. Oh well, it probably would have been one of those things I would be mad I spent $20 on later. Or I'll make my parents buy it for me for christmas. o.~ Will also bought the Family Guy movie at Target for $8. Let's see....after Target we went to the mall. We parked at Sears, but went straight through to Old Navy. I was really hoping they would have another sale where one item was a dollar with any purchase. Last year it was blankets, and the year before it was scarves, and I took advantage of that both times, but this year they didn't have it. Instead they had a scratch and win game, which proved useful, as we got $10 off a purchase of $50, and Will and I together spent exactly $50. He got two sweater-type shirt things, and a fleece pullover for $10 each, which is a good deal, since those fleece jackets are not that cheap usually, and I got two blankets (they were 2 for 10) and a sweater that's really fuzzy and nice. I only really wanted one blanket, but it was either 2 for $10 or 1 for $10. It ended up working out though, because when we got home my mom said that she would have bought two more because she likes those blankets, so I told her I'd sell her my second one for $5, and I did. So anyway, good deals to be had at old navy, because between the $10 off and the selling the blanket to my mom, I got a blanket and a sweater for $10. After that we went into Sears, and I looked for jeans, because I need them desperately, and I got two pairs for $45. Again, pretty good deal, since they're supposed to be $35 each. While I was shopping there Will went over to FYE and bought a Scene It game for himself for my parents to give him for christmas. At FYE we saw the family guy movie that will had bought at target for $8 on sale for $24. We're awesome shoppers. After the mall we went to Best Buy, and I thought about buying an MP3 player for $40, cause it was a really good deal, but I don't think that I'll be happy with 512 mb, so I passed. We did buy a cordless phone for my parents though, because that was the one thing that they had mentioned they wanted us to grab. And it was $8. I found the bargain DVD bin, just because I was curious, and I was SO glad I had Leah buy me Billy Madison. All that was left in the whole bin was 8 copies of Road to Perdition. We went home after Best Buy, exhausted, and with a lot of stuff, and thus ended the Black Friday shopping extravaganza.

~~~Have to go to see the Gators play!! I'll finish this tonight (if I'm sober)~~~


Man, that game was friggin awesome, but more about that later. Where was I? Ah, yes. Home. We got home around 10 AM, watched Ellen, and I saw the first game of the Price is Right before falling asleep. I told my mom to wake me up at 12, but I didn't actually get up until around 12:45, and we were supposed to leave at 2. No matter, my laundry was all done, thanks to my mom, and I had most of my things together. I packed for a bit, sorted through some of the purchases of the morning, grabbed my harry potter books, and was just about ready to leave. At 1:35 my dad came out into the kitchen and said that he wanted to talk with us before we left. Mind you he had FOUR DAYS to have a conversation with us, and he knew all week that we wanted to leave no later than 2, yet he still started this conversation at 1:35. It drives me insane. Seriously. Apparently my parents are/were thinking about buying the house two doors down the street and moving there. It's the exact same house we have, but with a pool and screened in porch. Honestly, it doesn't really affect Will and I that much, so our opinions on the matter were pretty much indifferent. Anyway, we rolled out of boca at about 2:30.

We got to Gainesville shortly before 7, took Bacchus up to my room, and headed out for the basketball game. My ID wouldn't scan, so I have to get a new one, but I did get one of the shaker things. XD I sat next to the cutest little boy too. He kept talking to me about the basketball game and stuff, he was just adorable. The game was a little intense. It started off with us losing 8-0, then 24-3. At one point we had 5 fouls and 3 points. But, God smiled upon the gators and we won 73-66. After the game...I don't remember what I did. I think maybe I just came home. I guess. I don't really know. Oh wait, no. No I didn't. I got the rest of my stuff out of my car and went out to dinner at Moe's with Will. Then I came home. This morning I woke up around 11:30, umm..started writing this, then went tailgating with Hilary and Dan. We grabbed lunch at the reitz union, and brought it over behind the music building where we tailgate. We went over to the stadium and I met up with Will and Mike...and Mr Will and his sons. Mr. Will bought Kurosh's ticket from Will for his son, so Brian used my friend Dan's student ID to get in. It was pretty weird to see Mr. Will, and I'm pretty sure he was drunk. His sons were rooting for FSU, and I told Brian that if I would have known that I wouldn't have gotten him the ID. But they got in fine, and all was well. Will, Mike and I found our seats, which were AMAZING. We laid the smackdown on FSU. F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E SUCKS! It was just so intense. What a fun game. Afterwards we went to Chipotle to grab some dinner, which is always good. Burke wanted me to go out to Abbey Road with them, and Allison really wanted me to go to a house party with her, but I am sooo tired I kinda just want a quiet evening here. Even though it is FSU weekend. So here I am having a quiet evening. A little sore, but not unhappy. I have pretty bad visor hair, if that's possible, and my feet are really gross and dirty. That's what I get for wearing flip flops to the Swamp. I think I'm just gonna take a shower and do some wildlife issues hw while I watch TV. I have a chem test monday night, and a wildlife test tuesday morning, with a term paper due thursday in my honors class. Wake me up when this week is over.

Hope this entry was long enough for you, kids. Over and out.

So give a cheer for the orange and blue, waving forever
Forever pride of old florida, may she droop never
We'll sing a song for the flag today
Cheer for the team at play
On to the goal, we'll fight our way for Florida!

Pull the lever.


:: 2005 14 November :: 12.31pm
:: Mood: tired
:: Music: Elizabethtown Soundtrack

On the road again...
So. Went to South Carolina this weekend, as all devoted Gator fans should. We left Friday morning from my dorm and headed over to the Reitz Union so we could buy visors. I also bought a Gators sweatshirt, know, gotta have a Gators sweatshirt to go to South Carolina. Plus, I had two 25% off coupons, so the sweatshirt was only $39. So then we were on the road. (We being Me, Will, Emil, Pete, and Burke). We stopped somewhere in Georgia at Wendy's for lunch, and then got to our hotel in South Carolina around 6ish. We checked in, then asked the people at the front desk where there was a place with bars and stuff near campus and/or the stadium so we could have a plan if we didn't get tickets for the game. They gave us directions to a place called 5 Points, and we went there. We parked and decided to walk around a bit. We walked around USC campus, and they have this crazy awesome residence hall thing. Then we went back to 5 Points and went to this Irish Pub called Delaney's that was playing football and basketball, so we figured they would be playing the game Saturday. We had some food and whatnot, everyone got beers, but I figured we wouldn't be there long so I had water so I could drive. There was this crazy Irish singer at the pub, and Burke knew all the words (I knew only some) to all the songs, and all the motions and clapping and stuff, so it was really fun. Also I taught Will and Emil the cup game, and they enjoyed that. After Delaney's we kinda just went back to the hotel and crashed. Peter and Emil continuously spilled candy in the car, and it was beginning to get excessive. Hehe, so we fit 5 people in one hotel room (barely) and got some sleep.

Woke up around 9 the next morning with the plan to drive to the stadium, drop will and burke off so they could find tickets, then me, peter, and emil drive to 5 points and try to find a table in a sports bar. However, about 2 miles outside of the stadium, there were many people with signs requesting tickets, and zero people selling them. We decided to scrap the plan of trying to go to the game, seeing as how there would be no way to get 5 tickets, not to mention getting all 5 under $100 each. So we didn't split up, and all headed over to 5 points. We had to buy something at OOPS Co. to be able to park for more than 90 minutes, and then we grabbed something to eat at Groucho's, since nothing opened until 11. A random USC guy came up and started talking to us. We asked him where he was going to watch the game, and after a few minutes of indecision, he came back and recommended a place called Damon's, though he couldn't give us directions. We asked the Groucho's waiters, and they gave us pretty accurate southern directions, with landmarks like "Longhorns" and no street names. But we got there, and we got an awesome table. Damon's had TVs everywhere, including the bathrooms, with 5 huge screens in the room we were in, 3 of which played the UF-USC game, and 2 played the FSU-Clemson game. Apparently South Carolina dominated the state of Florida that day, and I don't really want to talk about it. But it was nice because our waitress didn't card (nor, it seems, did anyone in South Carolina), and I got a Yoengling, which was ok.. We all ordered ice cream sundaes at different intervals throughout the game, which was pretty funny, and then we hung our heads in shame as we left Damon's (playing a game of Pacman on the way out) and headed back to the hotel. We asked the desk guy where a good place for steak and pasta was, and he gave us directions to an Outback Steakhouse, which had an hour and twenty minutes wait, so we went to Chili's. Stupid Chili's messed up my order and put pickles in the sandwich, but whatever, I took them out. We went back to the hotel after dinner, and attempted to watch the Georgia-Auburn game, but lost interest since it had no bearing on our status anymore, and watched Mean Girls instead. After Mean Girls ended we walked over to the gas station to buy candy. Then we watched the end of the game and kinda chilled before going to bed.

Sunday we got up around 9, got breakfast, packed, and headed out. We made a stop at a Piggly Wiggly on Strom Thurmond Blvd because Pete had made all these claims about how shitty they were and how they had checkout ailes specifically for people paying with food stamps. Apparently, though, Pete was WAY off, as this was one of the classiest grocery stores any of us had ever been to. They did sell Steve Spurrier wine though. We made another stop in Walterboro, SC to go to Hobo Joe's to get fireworks. I was really pissed though, because Hobo Joe's closed on Sundays. So we had to go across the street to the Fireworks Superstore to get our fix. I bought things that don't blow up, but are still awesome. They're these little pellets, and you light them on fire, and then they turn into this little ash snake. I used to love them when I was little. Yes, I recognize that they are pussy fireworks, but I am not ashamed to admit that I am afraid of blowing things up. We got back on the road for a while, then stopped around 2:00 somewhere in Georgia....on Business 95 (I don't know either) to get some lunch. We ate at Ruby Tuesday, and Will made me get a Bison Burger. It was good, but again they screwed it up and put pickles on it. It was fine though, whatever. That was the last stop of the trip, and we made it back to Gainesville around 6:00. Really South Carolina is not that far away. When we used to drive to North Carolina and stay in Walterboro on the way up it seemed like forever, but that's because Florida is so damn long. We cut 4 1/2 hours off by leaving from Gainesville, and it only took about 7 hours, with a stop, to get to Columbia. Nice city too, with nice people. I wouldn't mind going back.

Here are some of the quotes that merited getting written down on the way up mostly, with some from the hotel room and the ride back.

"This candy's really good for you...well, except for the sugar." -Emil

Emil: Did you know body lice is worse than head lice?
Pete: Did you know I had chiggers? Yeah, when I was in Guatemala. It sucked ass.

"Do you think they use 'carpetbaggers' as an offensive term here?" -Emil

"Did you guys see the bungee jumping video? I don't want to give away the ending's really funny." -Pete

"Did you guys know it's a crime to pee on the Alamo?" -Emil

"I don't like sleeping in a car because the one time I did I thought I went blind." -Emil

"I want to see people who wear nothing but overalls. I've seen them. They have them in Alabama." -Emil

P: Did you guys used to play hide and seek when you were little?
E: Nah. We used to play "throw the wet sponge."

"I want to find a Piggly Wiggly with a whole checkout aisle just for food stamps." -Pete

P: (ours) Must be a really fat poltergeist.
E: Yeah, he bought us Swiss Cake Rolls once.

"That's why I sleep with my door locked and a freakin' dart." -Pete

Now, this one is interesting and is even funnier in context. We were talking about the cape that Mike wore to the Tennessee game, and Pete asked if Mike was a super hero. When we all gave him quizzical looks, he followed up with "I hope he's lightning man." Out of that conversation came the following quote:
"When you were kids did you ever want to get struck by lightning so that you could control lightning? What, am I the only one?" -Pete

Pete, to Emil: G'night, John-John.
Emil, to Pete: G'night, Yoha. Let's go dream of apples. Golden apples.

"We all know karma has a playful side." -Emil

"Is that how you spell failure, Pete? C-A-T-C-A....H?" -Will

Pull the lever.


:: 2005 8 November :: 10.22am
:: Mood: sleepy
:: Music: "Story of a Girl"

Ok, boys and girls, how about an update? Now that I've had a chance to take a breath, I can finally break down the last month for your viewing pleasure.

Let's start around October twenty-something-st. I went to Halloween Horror Nights with Gabe, his parents, Joe, Cesar, their aunt and uncle, and Gabe's friend Mike. It was a little crazy, but really fun. Halloween Horror Nights is scary! There were guys with chain saws everywhere, and people that jump out from the bushes, and really scary haunted houses. I spent half my time with Cesar guarding me from chain saw men, and the other half attached to Gabe's arm. I was the only girl there too, not counting adult-ish people. But it was still really fun!

So let's see, what else...I think it was that next week that I had a GAZILLION TESTS, and that sucked. Way to drain my social life there. I had no classes that friday, so Will and I drove to O-Town to pick up my prize from ORock. Long trip, but winning a prize and not picking it up is really bad Karma. We stopped at the Golf Channel on the way back to see all of will's old coworkers.. We ended up on an officially unofficial tour of the golf channel that lasted about an hour. Then we hit gridlock traffic in Ocala on the way back. So, long story short, Will missed an extra credit focus group for his RTV class. I felt really bad, even though it wasn't my fault, because we had gone down there to pick up my game, so I did the alternative extra credit assignment for him. So now I know about technodistortions in political advertising.

The next weekend was Florida Georgia, affectionately known as the largest outdoor coctail party. I hitched a ride with some girls on my floor, and they dropped me off at the landing. After about an hour of wandering the landing by myself, I caught up with Will, and we grabbed something to eat and then headed over to the stadium. We met up with Mike and Burke outside the stadium and wandered around to see everything there. Lots of tailgating activities. We spent a fair bit of time trash-talking, and then went inside. Our section was awesome. We were literally directly in the middle of the endzone. Our section was the division between the two sides, which meant that it was half Florida and half Georgia. Ohhh man, crazy antics. The game was amazing (though really really cold) and we won 14-10. Go gators! After the game Will and I headed back to the landing, and hing out there for a bit. Then we went to the beach house with Andy, Jason, Angel, and Amy. Lots of people, small car. I had to sit on Will. We stopped at Wendys, and then managed to actually get to the beach house. At that point, Will-Kyle had gotten out of jail, and was looking to go out on the town. Ok, fine. I'll tell you why Will-Kyle was in jail. Apparently, the night before (Friday) there was a large party at Will-Kyle and Jason's house. This is not surprising. So one of their bitchy neighbors called the cops about the noise at about midnight. The cops showed up and issued a warning or whatever the hell cops do. No problem. Apparently they came back at about 4 AM and went into a room with Will-Kyle and Jason (and Andy snuck in to take pictures) and it ended with Jason running out of the room going Holy shit guys! Will just got arrested! And yes, in fact, there was Will-Kyle, in handcuffs, getting shoved into a police car. So he spent the night in jail. From what I've been told, he refused to sign whatever citation they were issuing him. More likely, he lipped off to the cop. So, back to Saturday night. Will-Kyle left with a couple of people, and the rest of us just kind of hung out at the house. It was still pretty early, so nothing really was going on. They still had a keg from last night, and we watched some of the other football games on TV. Then Emily and Katey came and picked me up, and we drove home.

Oh, I forgot, that Friday Adam came up! So I spent all day showing him around campus. We went out to lunch, went around campus a bit, watched the bats, and his parents took us out to dinner. Then we went to Gatornights, and I made Adam watch a rated R movie!! Gatornights was playing Wedding Crashers. XD He was mad at me, but it was totally worth it!

That sunday I spent all day working on stuff for Haunted Hume. It was so much work, between Sunday and Monday, but it really came together well. Our Harry Potter theme worked well, and although we didn't win, I think the kids really appreciated having a non-scary floor. The floors that won though, did a really good job. I have lots of pictures! XD

This past week was pretty uneventful, had a stats test, etc. Friday night my mom drove up. I drove down to Ocala and we went to dinner before driving to Orlando to pick Will up from the airport (he went to Chicago to interview with Sears). Note: Third trip to Orlando in three weekends. Got back to Gainesville around 3 AM-ish, and had to get up at 9 to return to Ocala for breakfast Saturday. We brought my mom up to Gainesville, and participated in some pre-game festivities. Kickoff was at 7:15, and it was an awesome game. We came sooo close to losing to Vanderbilt, which...come on, it's Vanderbilt, but we ended up winning 49-42 in double overtime. We left pretty much immediately after the game to take my mom back to Ocala, and then came right back to gainesville to party. I dropped Will, Mike, and Kurosh off at Courtyards for Liz's party, and then went over to Lakeside to hang out with Leah and Angie. At about quarter after three I went and picked up the guys at Courtyards. I dropped Mike off at North, then took Will and Kurosh to Pinetree. On my way back, I was driving north on Radio, and then turned east onto Museum, when I saw a cop turning south onto Radio. Then I saw him make a u-turn and then turn east onto Museum. I figured he was just waiting for me to speed, so I went 19 mph. Still, after following me for about 30 seconds, he flicked on the lights and pulled me over. I was kinda like wtf, but decided the best thing to do would be to be polite and whatnot. Keep in mind that it's about 4 AM on gameday, so I knew he was just waiting to bust me for a DUI. Lucky for me, all I had at lakeside was pizza. So the cop came over and asked for my license and whatnot, and of course I didn't have my insurance with me, but it was ok. I actually had to use the phrase "Is there a problem, officer?" He told me my headlight was out, which I knew, and I told him I was planning to get it fixed this week, which I am. I also told him that I didn't have my insurance cause it was in my other wallet because I really don't drive that much, and it's my brother's car. He kinda asked what I was doing in my brother's car, and I told him I was just coming back from dropping him off at his appartment. He asked if he had been out drinking and I said yes. He then said "You did a good thing," and I knew he was just gonna let me go then. He did ask if I had been drinking, but I told him no and he believed me. So he gave me back my license and let me on my merry way. I got to sleep finally around 4ish, only to wake up at 9 to go back to Ocala to see my mother off. We went out to breakfast again, and then she left back to boca, and Will and I went back to gainesville. I forget now why I didn't get a nap, but I didn't, so I took a 5 hour nap yesterday, and will probably take another, shorter nap today. Yay naps.

So, I think that's about it. I'll hopefully update sometime next week when I get back from South Carolina. Only two more weeks until Thanksgiving!! XD

Pull the lever.


:: 2005 16 October :: 12.35am
:: Mood: impressed

Elizabethtown: A Heck Of A Place To Find Yourself.
Today was really fun. Kim came into town on the GMG bus yesterday, and today we woke up at SEVEN AM to go with the prevet club to the horse retirement home. Angie came too to see the horsies. We ended up spending a few hours grooming and feeding horses. It was so fun. I even managed to clean the hooves! I thought it was going to be an impossibility, but I'm really proud to say that I cleaned like 4 horses' hooves today (that's 16 hooves)! Also, Angie tried to kill me with a golf cart, and we got some cool pictures with our favorite horse. All you non-high school kids check facebook for the pic! After the horseys we went over to check out Will's appartment, and then I switched out Emil's car (don't ask) for ours, and we went to lunch at McAlister's. Mmmm...chili in a bread bowl. We went from there to buy our movie tickets for tonight. Elizabethtown! We dropped Angie off and came back to hume to rest for a while, then kim and I went on a campus tour, but everything was closed. Apparently no one likes Saturday afternoons. But we got some freshens and headed over to watch the bats take off. Craziness and thousands of bats. We SNAPed over to hume and watched Care Bears until we left for the movie. We picked up Angie at lakeside and made a starbucks run. I think some guy got really confused, and he took my drink. So I waited there for like 10 minutes before actually saying anything. It ended up well though, because not only did I get my drink right then, but the girl gave me a free coupon for any size any drink! Sweet! I'm saving it for exam week. x_x Because of the starbucks snaffoo, we ended up getting to the movie only like 5 minutes in advance, so we had to sit in the fourth row, which was ok, because the screen wasn't very high. The movie (Elizabethtown...yay Orlando Bloom) was amazing. It was one of those make you think life changing movies. I recommend it for anyone willing to sit through 2 hours of wtf for 15 minutes of o.o ....whoa. That was awesome. It ranks very high up there on my list. But it's definitely a love it or hate it movie. Consider yourself warned.

Thought I'd post about my fun day. Regressing back to last night for a few minutes, we went over to gator nights after dinner at chipotle. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory was playing. We aimed for the 9:00 show but couldn't get seats, so we left and went to walmart and came back for the 11:30 showing. When we came back the gator stress place had a booth set up. I am all about free stuff. We took pens and highlighters and I got a stress ball, and between us we took over 30 condoms. They told us to take as much as we wanted!! To be fair, Angie took 27. Some of them are flavored! The movie was good (again) and we kinda crashed afterwards. Waking up this morning was not fun. But it was worth it.

All right, kiddies, I have to go. I'll leave you with the wtf moment of the evening:
Will: would you, or any of your friends, be interested in playing co-ed 4-vs-4 flag football in the spring with me, Burke, Mike and maybe a couple other people? if so, let me know. ok bye.

Pull the lever.


:: 2005 12 October :: 10.35am
:: Mood: drained

Ok, so I'm starting to see the downsides of living in a dorm. Someone is in the shower, so I can't take one for like another hour and a half (if I take one after them I'll miss the Price is Right, so now I have to wait until 12), and my roommate is sleeping, so I can't make it light in the room. It's not light enough to read, and if she doesn't wake up in the next 20 minutes, I'm going to have to watch the Price is Right in the common area. That's not so bad, except now Bacchus won't be able to see it. I would bring him with me, but people will think I'm "crazy." Oh well...there are worse things, I suppose.

Like tests.

These tests are driving me crazy!!! I had two tests last Thursday, a test yesterday, and one about an hour ago. I have studied more in one week than I have ever before in my life. Even more than for IB exams. (Hmm..maybe I would have gotten higher scores if I had studied more.....oh well, can't ask for much better than 5's 6's and 7's). I went home last last weekend (will update below), then studied all day monday, all day tuesday, and all day wednesday for my Current Issues in Higher Education and Stats exams Thursday. Friday I stayed in my PJ's until 5 in the afternoon. :) Hey! I deserved a day off! Then Friday night I went to Gator Growl. Do you know why white people love Wayne Brady?? Yeah, neither do I. He sucked. Greg Giraldo, on the other hand, was hilarious. And Joe Goldberg is an elf. Not the good kind like Legolas, the creepy kind that live in trees like the keebler elves. Let's see... so yeah, Saturday I went to the game (freaking 12:30 kickoff) and Allison and I sat with Will and a few of his friends. It was exceedingly hot though and I got sunburned pretty badly. But we won, and that's all that matters. I hoofed it over to Lakeside after the game and went out to dinner at Chop Stix with Leah and Tom. We waited like 2 1/2 hours to actually get food, but it was really good. I ended up being stranded at Lakeside because SNAP doesn't run on gamedays, so I slept there and came home around 10 AM. I went to bed for a bit, then got up and studied the rest of the day. I studied all day Monday for Wildlife Issues test yesterday morning. Then yesterday I studied all day for the TV and American Society exam I had today. I also spent about an hour and a half this morning before the exam studying. All in all, I've spent 50-60+ hours studying in a week. I am so incredibly drained right now. And it's Wednesday.

I have 15 minutes before the Price is Right, I'll do a weekend update. This is last last weekend (Oct 1ish). Went to class Friday morning then headed out of G-Ville at about 1:30, which was a little later than we had wanted to leave. It was all good though, not too much traffic. Sometimes that drive seems like it takes forever. 4 1/2 hours doesn't seem that long, but it's a looong drive. So we got home and I was there for about an hour before I turned around and went to the football game. But it was sooo good to see Sasha! I missed her so much! The game was ok, ATL kicked Santaluces's ass. But I forgot that there's security (Sicard) at the hilltopper section, and we couldn't get over to see the band. Halftime came, and while the Eaglettes were performing (ironically to the song "Car Wash") the heavens opened up and it started pouring. We got absolutely soaked. I didn't care, except for the fact that my Gator Growl ticket was in my purse and subsequently got ruined. But it all worked out, I got into the show. We sat under the bleachers for about 10 minutes before deciding to head into the cafeteria. I found THomas in there and he snuck me into the band room. I got to see just about everyone, which was nice. Someone up here really reminds me of Dimitar-tar, but I can't put my finger on it.. I helped Liz and Cyndi (and others) in the uniform room as they attempted to hang out the plumes so they would dry. Crocco was a bitch about it (what else is new..) and I helped dry the pit instruments. The band is doing pretty well though. They have the whole show on the field, and seem to have their act together.
Saturday I went with my mom to the Broward Center to see Phantom of the Opera. It was amazing. I so want to see it on Broadway. My mom ended up buying the extended CD version of Michael Crawford Phantom. XD I ripped it onto my laptop when we got home. Saturday night was kinda low key and I went to Kim's to help her a bit with her UF application. Sunday morning we went to church, and I got to see Kim at Sunday school, and a few others over there. Shortly after church I met Adam, Liz, and THomas at roadhouse for lunch. We had a good time throwing peanuts at each other and talking. Good to see them outside the band room chaos. Immediately after lunch I drove across the street to meet my family at the movies to see 40 Year Old Virgin. It was funny, but a bit overrated in my opinion. Sunday night I did laundry (for free!!) and got all the stuff I'd forgotten when I left and wanted to grab. We had a whole family dinner thing and then we left Monday morning around 11. Just enough time for me to make my chem class. Jon gave me the notes for Monday's TV class, so it was like I didn't miss anything, and got four days at home. I think I'm going back home next weekend. I have to stop in O-Town to pick up the video game I randomly one in an O-Rock radio contest on the way up monday. Yay for Threesome at Three!

Alright, kids, the Price is Right is on. Toodles.

Pull the lever.


:: 2005 28 September :: 1.26pm

Well. I broke up with David because he was being a complete ass at homecoming.. I was hanging out with Matt and Steven and he's all like "Ooh, come make out with me in the corner!" and I, you know, WANTED TO HANG OUT WITH MY FRIENDS.. but yeah..

So that was on a Saturday, we broke up the next Monday. That was like on the 19th [the monday] And last weekend, on Saturday [24th], I went to Brittanys birthday party. Shaggy lives right next door to Davids [other David] so I just kept going over there to hang out. hang on. i gots another journal, let me pull the entry from there.

[long. lmfao.]

Friday, woke up, went to school, had pictures, bleh bleh bleh. Usual emo shit. And then like.. I went home.. I'm trying to remember all this shit. I went up to the Point with Rudolph and Brittany and we hung out, I left my books on the bus.. it was funny. Then David wanted to ask me out.. AGAIN.. and I kinda laughed. Brittany spent the night at my house..

Saturday, we wake up at about 12-ish? Dont know. And then I get a shower, get ready, and Brittany leaves at around a quarter after 3 and gets stuff ready for the party. Then at around 5, I left for Rudolphs house because thats where we were having the party thingy. Well, as I was pulling up so was Brittany and Steven so I'm like.. Okay.. and yeah. Then Ashley and Brittany Floyd show up, then Bryce shows up, then Phillip and then Dino.. Oh, and Ruthie and Jackie and Cody and Justin and Kevin. Lol.

Well then it takes us 2 hours to put up our tent and Bryce didn't get his put up until about 11 at night.. both Keiffers came over and hung out alot and I formally introduced myself to Jake.. lmfao. We were in McDonalds and I sat down next to him and said, "Hi, I don't know you." and he holds out his hand and goes "Hi, I'm Jake!" and I'm like "Im Devi!" and I just sat back lykwoa, I formally know Kieffer now. Lmfao.

But yea, we walked to McDonalds at like 10 p and Anthony calls me up and he's like "Im coming!" or something, so I'm like 'Okay<3' so we go to McDonalds, get some food.. (oh yea! Shannon was there too! and omar came for a little bit) and then I introduced myself to Jake and we left.. then Jake got out a knife and put a spider on it and chased me and Brittany down the road like gay people.. it was cool. But my pants were falling down and I almost tripped because I was laughing so hard.

Then like we walked back and about 11.30 p Anthony shows up and then Joel, Jarj, Elijah (ee-lie.. wtf) and Shaggy, Dipshit, and Harold show up and bombard Davids garage.. then David J and Norm steal Ashley Floyds coat and burn it and we all go down there and blah blah blah erksfjkljdsnfkfd.. then David J and Norm and the Floyds left and it was about 1 and it was just Shaggy, Bryce, Elijah and me in the garage and Elijah picked up Brittanys mixed CD and put it in Dino's CD player and I was like "First one is Beck, skip it." and he smiled and he's like "Yea, I'll make sure I do." or something..

Then as I walked out of the garage (Because Joel and Jarj were coming in), I bumped into Elijah and he's like "Oh, I'm sorry!!" and I'm like "Oh, Its cool." and he held out his hand and was all "Im Elijah." and I was like "Oh, you're Elijah? I'm Devi." and it was sweet. Then I went in the tent all by myself.. then Elijah suddenly appeared at the opening and he's all "Do you mind if I come in?" and I was like "Umm.. nope, come on in!" and he came in and layed there and started asking me things and I was like 'OMGHOT.' .. then Jarj came in and he's like "Ooh, do you wanna go smoke?!" and he's all like "Okay, give me a few minutes.." and this is when Kevin was in the tent and Kevin said, "Do you smoke often?" And Elijah was like "No.. this is only my fifth time.. .. .. .today." and me and Kevin just sat there like WTF, I kinda giggled but got pissed at the same time.

Then a little while later, Elijah came back and he's like "So, you wanna go for a walk?" and I'm like "Oh hells yeah. <3" then Kevin comes with us, but we go down to the bay.. and me and Elijah just start talking about stupid stuff, then Kevin walks a little bit away and I'll later find out he's CUTTING HIMSELF.. but yeah, Elijah is like "So are you here with anyone?" And I was like "Uhh.. huh?" and he said, "Like a boyfriend." and I was like "Nope, no boyfriend."
"So you don't have a boyfriend?"
"Noppers." .. Yeah, it was cool. And he's all like 'So what do you like to do for fun?' and I was all like "..Nothing at all. I don't have fun." and he's like "Oh, thats not cool." and I started rubbing my legs because I only had boxers on and a hoodie, and he's like "Are you cold? We can go back if your cold." and I was like "No, its fine, its fine." It was cold though, but I wanted to stay out there with him.
Then here comes Dino running "OMG OMG OMG I'VE BEEN LOOKING ALL OVER FOR YOU" and .. yeah, whatever. Then he makes us go back up to Rudolphs house.. ugh.
Then Elijah disappears for awhile, and he shows up again at like 2.30 a or something around there.. I was laying in the tent and he comes in there again and he's like "Come walk with me again." and I'm all like .. "Okay!" and he takes me up to the front porch and we sit on the steps.. I sat next to him at first and then he's all like "Sit here.." like, on the step below him, you know? So I sat there and he all wrapped his arms around me and we're literally about to kiss and then Phillip and Anthony come running and they're cracking up and he's like "YOU TWO ARE RELATED.."

I.. oh my god. Oh, my fucking god. But not by blood, I figured that out. Not by blood, at fucking all. But I'll probably never see him again because I never see him in school and the only reason I seen him at Brittanys party was because of Joel.. but he's mexican! Must see again.

But then I ran away, laughing so hard and Elijah just disappeared, and I'll later learn that Justin told him to leave or something.. that kinda pissed me off because I wanted to talk to him. I don't give a shit lmfao. But yeah.. -le sigh- that was the last time I seen Elijah..

But yea, then around that time or so, me and Brittany and Ruthie go up to Shaggys' treehouse and have some strawberry that supposedly tastes like koolaid, which it didn't. But them Mumf made me taste his black velvet and I ended up drinking the entire thing.. and got buzzed. It was only half a flask so there wasn't enough in there to get me drunk, I got sad. Then Phillip started crying because Brittany took one drink of the vodka and one tiny drink of the black velvet, and he didn't even fucking care about me, but what the fuck ever dude.

Then at around 4, me, Kevin, and Bryce go down to the bay because I have to keep Kevin up to go to work at 7.. we start a mini-bonfire and crap.. it was pretty cool.

And then as we're walking back at around 5, we see cop cars. Kevin goes, "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shit.." so we go back to Rudolphs house and theres cops walking out of the driveway going "YOU NEED TO GET UP HERE AND SHUT UP.." like, wtf. We weren't even there, how were we being loud?! Plus, Kevin is 19, he's a legal adult and shit. Then we see the cops walking over to Keiffers house.. where Steven is. Drinking and smoking. We're all like, "oh my fucking god oh my fucking god oh my fucking god.." well.. me and Brittany anyways. They go to the treehouse and go "If you're up there, you need to come down or you WILL be arrested!!" then we see them go up, and come back down with Steven. I almost started crying, because it looked like he was in handcuffs. He had a concealed weapon, weed, and he was drinking underage. But luckily, today I found out that he only was made to walk home, they didn't pat him down or anything! He is SO fucking lucky. Cause it was an illegal search. lol.

Then Shaggy and Mumf, who were up there originally, show up and we're like "WTF! WHY'D YOU LEAVE FUCKING STEVEN UP THERE BY HIMSELF?!" and he's like "oh, steven was sleeping!" but it all turned out good in the end..

aaaaaaaaand umm.. around then, everyone started to lay down in our tent because we ruined Bryces, so EVERYONE was in our tent. Even Jarj, and he wasn't even supposed to be with us, he was supposed to be over Keiffers. Lmfao. Omg, speaking of him. Shaggy was annoying me so fucking bad!! It was like 5-6 a and he kept grabbing me and tickling me, then my boxers would kind of ride up and he pulled the blankets off me when they were like that and he's like "Jarj! Look!" and I seen him smile and go "Yeahh." and i was like omgwtf. He kept shooting me with the bebe gun but it bounced off my hoodie and I laughed at him. Then at around 7 (we were still up) Kevin was like "Okay, gotta go to work.." and I was like "Noo, stay here.." .. he was soo fucking comfy. I was using him as a human pillow.. like I was laying up against him and he had his arms around me and it was cool.

[ end ]

lol. But yeah, I seen Eely yesterday. It was fucking awesome. Phillip skipped to A lunch and sat with me and Matt, and suddenly here comes Jarj running up and I seen he had my white studded belt, and I stood up and held up my shirt so he could see my belt, [ cause they're exactly the same you know you know ] and he's all like "Oh, thats fucking hot." and I was like "Oh hell yeah." ..

[ other entry ]

and I seen Elijah today [which is now yesterday]. It was cool. I like, seen him in lunch and he said something like "Hey Pal" or like, buddy or something and I was like "yeah, you're cool." lmfao. and then I seen him on my way to 7th hour, walking with Brewer, and he came up to me and put his arm around my shoulder and he's like "Its a proven fact that theres no blood between us!" And I was all "Yeah, I know!" and then he said something else, he was talking to Brewer about what happened and I was so happy that he said what he did, because if he didn't I would've been so fucking embaressed lmfao. And then he's like "Well, we're just gonna have to wait for another party." and I was all "I know, its a shame." and then we both kinda walked away.. it was fucking awesome lol. and then me and Brewer were talking and he's like "I have a prediction.. you're going to cheat on this Justin kid with Elijah." and I started freaking out.. I was like "No, I'm seriously not like that." and he was all "Well, I know a girl who said that and she did it anyways." but.. I'm not. lmfao. That'd be funny though.. not the cheating thing, but the cousin/incest scare always makes me laugh. <3

David J PISSED ME THE FUCK OFF today. Omfg.. in the morning, Britt and Phillip were talking about what Justin said like 'Oh, she was hanging over all the guys, especially her own cousin.' and I started cracking up and walked away so I wouldn't seem stupid because I was laughing so hard, and David J came up to me and he's all "Oh, are you sad?"
"No David, I'm fine."
"Are you sure? You're okay?"
"Yes David, I'm fine."
"Okay then.." and he all walked away. Then before 2nd hour he came in my class and was like..
"Oh, how is it okay for you to talk about people but when people talk about you, you get all pissed?" and I got mad at him and I was like "Dude, what the fuck are you talking about?"
"This morning you got mad because Brittany mentioned Elijah."
"Um, you don't even know what the fuck you're talking about." and he's like "Well, you need to fucking get over it." and he started to walk away, and I was like "David, you don't even know what the fuck happened or what you're talking about!" and he's like "Oh, wow, you almost kissed Elijah!" and he said it all loud and everybody looked at me like I was retarded and I was just like .. omfg. It seriously pissed me off.

yeah. im going out with justin.

but not for loooong.

oh, and we were on the bus going home and I was talking to Brewer and after he said that "you're going to cheat on Justin" thing, I was like "No, hell no, blah, I'm not like that." and then Jeremy is like "But you're going to break up with him and go out with me." and I was like "Hell, if I break up with fucking Justin, I'm going out with Elijah." and I thought for a second and I'm like "No, I wont go OUT with him.." and I started smiling and James was like "Yeah, he'll be your fuckbuddy." and I was just like "omfgwtfstfuhoe ):"

1 wave goodbye. | Pull the lever.


:: 2005 28 September :: 8.28am

Vote Gator Impact Party!
So. Yeah, not much has been going on. I have just kind of been trying to get through this week so it would be this weekend. At the same time, I know that's bad to do, because the sooner this weekend comes, the sooner it is over. I just kind of want to get out of Gainesville for a few days. I think I will feel a lot better coming back. Either that or I will feel worse and will be in even more dog withdrawl. Don't get me wrong, I'm having a good time in college and it's better than high school and blah blah blah. But next year is going to be seriously awesome. Atleast I am through the awkward few weeks of getting acquainted. That was not fun. Now I pretty much have an (or a few) established group(s) of friends, and I have a schedule down for sleeping, working, socializing, etc. I really am a lot happier when I have a lot of structure, and college is the first time (although I didn't realize it until I got here) where a structure isn't assigned to you. There's no Ms. Kelly telling me what classes to take and no band practice telling me how to spend my afternoons. I just do what I want, when I want. Which has resulted in me sleeping a lot. I like sleeping. The thing is, I have no afternoon classes, with the exception of thursdays. Monday and tuesday I have class until 10:40 and then no class until 6:15. So I come home, I eat breakfast, I watch the price is right, and I sleep until four. Wednesday and friday I'm done with classes altogether at 10:40. So I come home, I eat breakfast, I watch the price is right, and I sleep until four. It's really a great system. Because I'm most productive later at night. This way I get about 8-9 hours of sleep each day, it's just in two installments. So I go to bed at 2 and wake up for class, then I get another 3-4 hours of sleep in the afternoon. It also prevents the days from really dragging on. Because in the early afternoon there really isn't anything to do. I don't feel like doing work, because again, I am much more productive between the hours of 12-3 AM, and it's not like I can go hang out somewhere with people, most are in classes during that time. It's just very nice.

In other news, I find myself too often living in the future. I already have a pretty good idea of the classes I want to take next semester, and I have tentative planned living arrangements for next year. Man, if my roommate doesn't get into UF, it's going to suck. We have such a good plan going. She likes Sasha and doesn't mind Trixie, and we both decided at the same time how awesome it would be to have a kitten. So a few weeks after school starts next year we're going to go down to Gainesville Pet Rescue and adopt a kitten. Our appartment will be a zoo. Craziness. But regardless of whether or not she gets in, I'm still going to live in an appartment with sasha, and hopefully kitty. I really think it's going to be awesome to be able to take her to prevet meetings, and go to the dog park, and everything there is to do up here. So many places to walk. And I think next year I will hardly be homesick at all. I do miss my parents, but not that much. I talk to them a few times a week. Right now I mostly miss my dog and my friends. And next year it won't matter if I go home, my friends won't be there. They'll mostly all be in college too. Crazy juniors, growing up. Anyway, where this started was, I am more nervous for my roomie getting into college than I was getting into college. I always knew I had UF to fall back on, but it's really borderline for her, so let's all pray that the UF gods smile on her and she can move to the bougan in the fall.

So, recent events. Today is student government voting, and the whole campus has gone insane. I have been attacked approached three times in Turlington plaza by representatives of the Gator and Impact parties. And once at the Reitz. I really don't think I'm going to vote though, only because I don't think I've made up my own mind. In the presidential election I had no problem voting, because the candidates' platforms were so well publicized. These people don't even have platforms, it's just the parties, and even those platforms are so similar that it wouldn't matter who won. I think also I've been really swayed by The Alligator, and I don't want them to have made my mind up for me either. The editorial section of that newspaper is so one-sided it's insane. So I really think I'm going to leave voting up to the more informed than I. I don't know, maybe when I'm over at the reitz after class I'll vote. If there's not a line. I'm going over to the Reitz today anyway because it's the study abroad fair. I really think I'm going to be spending some time over there. I want to go to Ireland or Australia. Somewhere where they speak english. What I really really want to do is get an internship with the Australia Zoo, but I doubt that will happen. I don't think I want to study abroad right now anyway. I think I'm going to try to get a job at Boca Greens vet this summer, and maybe also work at camp. That way I'll have a pretty good bank role coming into next year, when I have to buy furniture and pay electric bills and such. We'll see how it all works out. The prevet club is promoting a trip to Belize, to work in the rainforest and stuff. That sounds intriguing, and I may look into it. This prevet club is effing awesome, I love it. Last meeting Dr. Brendemuhl (sp?!?!) spoke. He's the Animal Sciences guy. He talked mostly about vet school applications, and I spoke to him afterwards to ask what kind of stuff I could get a head start on to give me an edge in getting in. Cross your fingers. First things first: get an A in 2045. That's not really going as planned. Boy am I glad I switched out of 2046. Man. Eh, it's not like I'm failing. I have a B. And we drop our lowest test. So it's not impossible, I really just have to start to work harder. We took a quiz today in discussion (quizzes at 7:25 AM are NOT cool.) and it was hella easy. So I'm pretty sure I got a 100 on it, which will definitely help my grade. Plus all the OWL and clicker points. Yeah. I also have to raise my grade in TV. That almost hurts to say. Stupid TV and American Society, who thought that would screw me over? Problem was I was expecting the test to be a piece of cake, but she put things on it like a quote and we had to say who said it. It was rediculous. But again, we drop a test in that class too, so as long as I do better on all the others, and keep doing all the extra credit, I should be able to squeak out a 4.0. God willing.

Alright, kiddies, speaking of TV and American Society, it's time for me to go learn about the portrayals of groups on television. Yay. Later.

Pull the lever.


:: 2005 25 September :: 3.05pm

Stolen From Amanda Lauren took the free personality test!

"Wants to make a favorable impression and be recogn..."

Click here to read the rest of the results.

Lauren's Existing Situation
Active, outgoing, and restless. Feels frustrated by the slowness with which events develop along the desired lines. This leads to irritability, changeability, and lack of persistence when pursuing a given objective.

Lauren's Stress Sources
Resists any form of pressure from others and insists on her independence as an individual. Wants to make up her own mind without interference, to draw her own conclusions and arrive at her own decisions. Detests uniformity and mediocrity. As she wants to be regarded as one who gives authoritative opinions, she find it difficult to admit to being wrong, while at times she is reluctant to accept or understand another's point of view.

Lauren's Restrained Characteristics
Circumstances are such that she feels forced to compromise for the time being if she is to avoid being cut off from affection or from full participation.
Willing to become emotionally involved as she feels rater isolated and alone. Egocentric and therefore quick to take offense, though she tries to avoid open conflict.

Lauren's Desired Objective
Wants to make a favorable impression and be recognized. Needs to feel appreciated and admired. Sensitive and easily hurt if no notice is taken of her or if she is not given adequate acknowledgment.

Lauren's Actual Problem
Needs to be valued and respected as an exceptional individual, in order to increase her self-esteem and her feeling of personal worth. Resists mediocrity and sets herself high standards.

Lauren's Actual Problem #2
Strongly resists outside influence and any interference with her freedom to make her own decisions and plans. Works to establish and strengthen her own position.

Pull the lever.


:: 2005 18 September :: 3.43am
:: Music: Boys from Old Florida

If you ain't a gator, then you're gator bait!
That game was fucking awesome. We kicked Tennessee's ass 16-7. Volunteer your mother.

I'm finding weird spots of blue paint on me. I think it's from Will?

I met Leah and Jackie at the Reitz, after I bought some face tattoos and got a beat Tennessee sticker. We had lunch in the food court and coincidentally sat at a table next to Molly Scott. Good to finally run into her. Then we headed back to Lakesiiiiiiideee on the bus. We found Gabe and David at the bus stop. I also found sunglasses at the bus stop and took them. Now I don't have to buy sunglasses. Anyway, Gabe and Jackie tried to bargain some sexual favors in exchange for a Tennessee ticket, but that fell through. We got on the bus and hung at Lakeside for a bit, got our face tattoos on, and waited for Jamie. Once she got home me, Leah, Jamie, Zach, and some random chick went over to University to check out the action there. Tons of tailgaters. We got free t-shirts, but I left mine at the game by accident. Umm...what else. Oh, the crowd over by UF plaza was crazy, and we didn't get any free drinks, which pissed me off. Anyway, at about 6:50 we headed back to the swamp, half trying to sell Leah and Jamie's tickets, but they couldn't get more than $100 each. So we went into the game and the madness began. Our seats were amazing, eighth row in the Gators endzone. Zach said his friend said we were on TV, but I'm not positive. We took some pictures and whatever, and then Leah and I went over to say hi to Ale in the bando section.

Yeah, I'm a little too drunk to finish this, I might do it later.

Ummm...maybe I should write these things down when they happen, so that I remember what happened later. Will came in the game at about 10 till 8, after Mike and Burke had come in with their full body paint (and cape). I caught his attention in the aisle, and he was a total asshole. He was like "ok, I'm going down to the good seats, you guys have fun here in row 8." So I was like fuck you, until I realized how incredibly drunk he was. So the game started and we scored a touchdown in the first quarter. They tied it up 7-7, but then we got three field goals throughout the game. It was really a battle of the defences. Sometime during the first or second quarter Will left to do something, and then on his way back stopped to talk to me. So I asked for his keys, and he said Don't you have your car keys? And I told him no, they're in my dorm room. So he was like ok whatever, but you have to drive the car over to my place in the morning. So I said fine and took his keys. During the second quarter Leah's leg really started to bother her, and she and jaimie left at halftime. I made friends with some of the guys in front of me though...who ended up being 25, but they were cool. They snuck in a water bottle filled with vodka and bought a few pepsis during the game and spiked them. I thought it was good planning, since the vodka just looked like water. But they were really nice, they offered to get us stuff from the snack bar and whatnot, and we talked about football some.

After the game it was awesome because we were right at the corner where the football team congregates for the fight song and the alma mater. I got some good pictures. Right before the game ended though it was crazy. Cops literally poured down onto the field. They brought out police dogs too. Not drug dogs. Belgian Malinois. With muzzles so they didn't attack their handlers. Crazy. They were so afraid people were going to storm the field. And we wanted to. But anyway, on our way out I took pictures of will and his crazy painted friends and the "swim team."

Allison and I walked over to Hume, where we parted ways, and I started down to lakeside. I called Leah to see what she wanted to do, and we kinda decided just to stay in and hang out. Tom walked from lakeside and met me halfway so I wouldn't have to walk alone in the dark. We hung out at lakeside and celebrated a bit, then chilled for a while and I caught a ride home with Tom. I pretty much just crashed in bed then and slept till two. I gave Will the car keys shortly thereafter on his way to lunch with P&E. Then I spent all day working and wishing that tylenol wasn't $8 a bottle. I feel accomplished though, because I got through my whole to-do list from friday that I didn't do. Yay me.

So tomorrow is class and studying, then chem test tuesday. This is a busy week, so we'll see how it goes. I am soooo psyched to be going home in less than two weeks. I can't wait to see Sasha and to go to Phantom. And do laundry for free. And have my own room. And pick up all these things that I forgot to bring. And and and...yeah, only two more weeks. I just really want this week to be over. *sigh*

Tom690009: am i in ur journal?
Skillet9886: no
Tom690009: no?
Tom690009: not at all?
Skillet9886: no
Tom690009: nothing like "tom pissed me off today"
Skillet9886: no
Tom690009: or "tom turned me on today it was so hot"
Skillet9886: no
Tom690009: damn
Tom690009: what the hell kinda journal is that?
Skillet9886: one about me
Tom690009: what about you?
Tom690009: like "I like tacos"
Tom690009: or like "school sucks"
Skillet9886: neither
Skillet9886: like actual coherent sentences
Tom690009: like "Today, I wrote a paper."
Skillet9886: actually I'm writing about yesterday right now
Tom690009: so like
Tom690009: "yesterday, I saw Tom after the game. He was so sweet to me, he walked with me and talked with me. It really turned me on"
Skillet9886: yeah
Skillet9886: something like that
Tom690009: lol
Tom690009: dont lie to me!


Pull the lever.


:: 2005 16 September :: 5.25pm
:: Mood: blah

I felt like shit yesterday. Wasn't sick, just felt like shit. Depressed, I guess. I'm feeling a little better now. A little..

I woke up yesterday around 8:40 and decided to skip class. Then I thought about the C I got on my RTV test and went. Stupid Wildlife Issues. It's so pointless. After class I came back and went to sleep until noon, when I woke up, got my shit together, and went to Stats discussion. I forgot my calculator, but we didn't need it. So then after stats I went to lunch with Will, which was nice. I enjoy going out to lunch with him on Thursdays. We went to Tijuana Flats, which is always good. We finished lunch and he walked me over to Norman to find the Education Library, where my next class was meeting. That was soooo boring. We sat for an hour and a half learning how the online library system works. Then we had to do a little assignment on the computers there, which was really easy. The library lady was really nice, but still. We walked as a class back over to Little for the other hour and a half of class. We watched a video called Behind Closed Doors about the oppression of homosexuals at UF in the 50's. Yep. So after that class ended I called my mom on the way to chemistry. Chem is still stuff that I already know, but he goes really quickly. Hopefully it's not going to suddenly get into stuff that I have no idea about. Right now we're on calorimetry. I mean, we still have to do kinetics, equilibrium, acid/base, etc. Nevertheless..

Once chem ended I SNAPed over to the vet hospital to attend a prevet meeting. I think that's when my day started to go downhill. There were several people there with their dogs, one with a sun conure. There was a greyhound for adoption. It's just...*sigh* We had elections and then the professor of Animal Science spoke for a while about the vet school application process. It was reiterated to me how necessary it is for me to get a 4.0. And I have to get a job. Like next month. That really sort of irked me, because part of the reason I came to UF was so that I didn't have to get a job. I guess the financial bubble will be good though. The closer I get to it, the less confident I am that I will get into vet school. When they ask little kids what they want to do when they grow up, they don't say anything about what you have to do to get there. It's just going to be a very difficult four years. And then an even more difficult four years. And then the real world. I guess in a way I'm just kinda mad that my situation is so different from Will's. He does nothing, nothing. His extracurriculars include co-founding Student Poker Society. And he's not going to grad school, but he's going to make as much starting salary as I will ever make, and without the grad school loans. It's just frustrating I guess. I dunno.

So after the vet school meeting I was feeling rather blue, unsure about the future and missing my dog. I sat out in the common area and watched the Fresh Prince for a little bit with Nina, Hilary, and Connie, and then everyone went their separate ways to do work. I went on the computer for a bit and did...nothing. Then I went to bed and listened to Phantom on my discman.

I think I'll feel a lot better when I visit home Sasha. It's going to be such an awesome weekend. I'm going to go to the ATL football game and cheer on the bandos, then Saturday I'm going to see Phantom!! Mezzanine seats! It's going to be so fun! Sunday I'll go to the dog park I think, maybe out to lunch with some high schoolers. Then we'll come back Monday afternoonish. In time for chem class, hopefully. I have a list of things that I need to get when I go home, and it's like 15 things. Rediculous.

I've run out of things to say, so I guess I'll post more later. Or not.

Pull the lever.


:: 2005 10 September :: 3.42am

I'm thinking about just calling it quits on this journaling thing. I don't really think anyone reads it/cares.

1 wave goodbye. | Pull the lever. | Random Journal